Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Vega Bowl Back

by rcc56
    Replies
    Views

Re: Vega Bowl Back

The term "restoration" does not disturb me in this particular case. You are simply replacing parts that are no longer functional and restoring the instrument to playable condition. If you were...
  2. Thread: Hybrid electric

by sonic
    Replies
    Views

Re: Hybrid electric

If you mean the gain switch in the buffer schematic. It’s a little din switch in some or those pegs with a little bridge you see in computers.
    I didn’t bother. You have two resistors at the start...
  3. Thread: Hybrid electric

by sonic
    Replies
    Views

Sounds like you are having fun. The nut can be fettled with super glue and baking soda iirc a search of YouTube etc will show you how.
    As for the FET’s I read about getting them matched and or...
  4. Thread: Hybrid electric

by JimCh
    Replies
    Views

I shouldn't worry too much about the neck yet, see what it's like when in action. And I imagine at our level of sophistication you could do a certain amount of correction on the frets, even if they...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Time to practice hand rubbed sunburst

Just an update for anyone else who might be interested in learning this technique. I took Steve Sorensen's advice and sealed a top with shellac, and this worked far better. I was surprised that the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Time to practice hand rubbed sunburst

1. Watch James Condino's video tutorial on sunbursting.
    2. While I finish off 'bursts with an airbrush to even things out, I have found that a quick wipe with 1 lb cut shellac as a sealer helps...
  7. Thread: Hybrid electric

by JimCh
    Replies
    Views

Being just as inaccurate with a hand drill as you, I worked out a way to get my bushings accurately located. See this....
  8. Replies
    Views

Hi Keme,

I thank you for this thread. I am enjoying your adventuresome spirit and willingness to share your thought process. I am having fun following your build and hope you end up with an...
  9. Thread: Hybrid electric

by sonic
    Replies
    Views

I have standard push pull pots bought from the bay of evil. Not sure on exact dimensions but an inch or so sounds about right. I had a little trouble with depth in that my cavity cover is carved...
  10. Thread: Hybrid electric

by sonic
    Replies
    Views

I have recently built this 186901
    It has magnetic and piezo pickups. The piezo is in the bridge and has a FET buffer built into the body. I run it off a 9v battery. But it can be made to run off...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Take Your Pick

It is so interesting to hear the extreme differences between Ralf's pick preference compared to Caterina Lichtenberg's.
  12. Replies
    Views

Wheel Hoss - Bill Monroe

This is my favorite bluegrass tune to play. I like slowing it down a little to really make it groove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEfe-2e18o
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman El Rey?

This. This is a tapir. So I assume you mean the taper? ;)