Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Gibson MB-4 Trapdoor Banjo mandolin info request

I have a 1922 Gibson MB-1 Trapdoor that I am still having trouble warming up to. I did find Pops1's advice to be very helpful and followed it. I also had to put a new head using skin on it. It looks...
  2. Replies
    Views

Gibson Mandolin Banjo Trapdoor

New Mandolin Day! or is it a New Banjo Day~~~or is it both?
    Sold to me as a 1922 Gibson Mandolin Banjo, from catalogs shared to me by members it looks to be a MB-1 Trapdoor with FON 11628-19. It...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: '17 A-1 Bridge

The bridge had a shim (a forum member suggested that I look for it) and appears to have a piece added to the top/saddle of it, possibly to help with intonation. I decided to keep the original bridge...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MT2- Two Weeks in

Nice! Love my MT2 even though I am still on that learning journey
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: James tailpiece on a Collings MT2

I have a James Tailpiece on my MT2. It was ordered with it but look at how cool their engraving is on this!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New mandolin for an old man

yep!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: New mandolin for an old man

If it hasn't shipped yet ask Brian to add a String Winder. It would really help with changing the strings. Glad you went with The Mandolin Store and Brian has always been a great resource....
  8. Replies
    Views

Summergrass

As part of the "Street Team" I wanted to share this. In Southern California these types of events can be rare! See you there August 16th, 17th and 18th.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Help! Buying my first mandolin!

You may want to consider warranty, the original owner of an Eastman gets a lifetime warranty on the instrument. I bought a MD305 for the same reasons of others, to use at campfires, jams etc....
  10. Re: Gibson A-4 (1915/1917)—Worth it to repair, or just return?

Surely would be a bummer to make this wind up in the scrap heap! I hate to see historic items wasted for parts value and then they are GONE!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Not all Collings hold their value

consider that the "original owner" gets a "lifetime warranty" the next purchaser has to keep that in mind~~and the warranty has a value.
    Sorry just saying
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocaster?

Thanks for the replies the more I research the more I think about trying to build one.
    I am thinking 4 strings because as the video from Bill Cameron shows that is the different sound I am looking...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: unlearning a bad habit

I have been trying to hold the pick "correct" as well. It does make things easier if it isn't too late.
    Try watching this by Mike Marshall but take everything with a grain of salt:...
  14. Replies
    Views

K&K Pickup or Microphone on Collings?

I have tried to research this but could really use some advice specific to a Collings MT-2. I am anticipating a new MT-2 and even though don't need it now but curious which would be best for future...