Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Favorite clip-on microphone for Irish bouzoukis

[QUOTE=foldedpath;1782433]I use a DPA 4099 clip-on mic on my octave mandolin, clipping it on when needed. It's wonderful, has very good feedback rejection. I have it mounted at the lower body facing...
  2. Re: Favorite clip-on microphone for Irish bouzoukis

I tried (besides others) a John Bartlett guitar mic and a DPA 4061 and I liked both.
  3. Re: Favorite clip-on microphone for Irish bouzoukis

I use a DPA 4099 clip-on mic on my octave mandolin, clipping it on when needed. It's wonderful, has very good feedback rejection. I have it mounted at the lower body facing the F-hole:

4. Re: Favorite clip-on microphone for Irish bouzoukis

On my guitar I use an Irig Acoustic Stage. It has a soundhole mike and a preamplifier with some modding but best of all, 10 automatic antifeedback filters.

It can also be calibrated to your...
  5. Re: I released an album of English and Irish folk songs on bouzou

Lovely, Ian!
  6. Re: Opinions about trading out a Weber Sage OM #1

If part of what's driving your decision is a desire for a pickup, something you might consider as an alternative is a clip-on microphone for your current Weber.

In my experience, that provides a...
  7. Re: Opinions about trading out a Weber Sage OM #1

If you’re looking for “the big warm sound,” you should probably stay away from maple back and sides, which is what the Sages often (always?) had, and go for walnut or mahogany. Rosewood on an OM...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Forthcoming Irish Traditional Music album

Thanks MooglePower, the 70s comparison is very welcome!

For anyone else interested we're down to our last dozen physical copies so pretty soon a download purchase will be the only option until (if...
  9. Re: Looking to commission an electric bouzouki (GDAD)

Check out GD Armstrong:

http://www.gdarmstrong.com/index.html
  10. Re: Looking to commission an electric bouzouki (GDAD)

The electric bouzouki Tavy made in his thread a few down below this one is one of the best I've heard, that's where I'd go if I were in the market. As far as just buying one rather than...
  11. Replies
    Views

Craigslist cocobolo....

Once in a while it pays off for all of that looking; I'll have a few new instruments coming out of this in a while. Out behind the barn past the kudzu from my granddady's uncle's third cousin twice...
  12. Thread: Spring batch

by Tavy
    Replies
    Views

Re: Spring batch

Thanks Rob, glad you're having fun, hope your bandmates have recovered from the shock of a fully "Electric Badger" and that no one wielded the axe, Pete Seeger style ;)

BTW, Rob brought a very...
  13. Replies
    Views

Forthcoming Irish Traditional Music album

First apology is for the self-promotion... And second is that there is only one track of mandolin on this... Primarily playing melody on tenor banjo but there is a lot of bouzouki on here too. In...
  14. Thread: Spring batch

by Tavy
    Replies
    Views

Spring batch

From top to bottom:

* 17 fret 8 string mandolin (vavona / redwood burr).
    * Short, 19" scale OM (quilted maple).
    * Long scale, 640mm zouk (quilted maple).

I'm really looking forward...