Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Carcassi Etude No. 7, Opus 60

Yeah, I know, this isn't technically classical mandolin as it's a classical guitar study. I thought it would be a fun challenge on the mandolin, though. There's a few tricky spots as well as some...
  2. Replies
    Views

El Testament d'Amelia - Catalan song

El Testament d'Amelia by Miguel Llobet...:mandosmiley:

dLjaOajfb3c
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Maasenet: Elegie, op.10, no.5

I set up a little portable Zoom recorder during last night's rehearsal. I was playing my ca. 1914 Vega "Gregorio Scalzo" artist model and Sheri her fine guitar by Kolya Panhuyzen: Massenet's Elegie,...
  4. Replies
    Views

Divertimento - Carlo Munier

I made this a few years back but did not publish it. It's from Caro Munier Guitar method.
    Divertimento. The book has some interesting pieces for mandolin.
    It's not the complete Divertimento, sorry,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Bourree #1 from Bach Cello Suite #3

Been working on this for a few weeks and have hit the point of diminishing returns, so I decided to set up a mic and close the books on it. The instrument is a Northfield 5-Bar Artist (Engelmann).
  6. Replies
    Views

Bluegrass in catalan

Hi!

Here's the link to a bluegrassy song that I wrote, which lyirics are written in catalan (the language from Catalunya, north-east of Spain). It's just a silly and humorous song about the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: High Quality Short Scale Tenor Guitar?

21.5" or thereabouts is great for CGDA, and yes, I do make a lot of tenors these days. If you've not sat through them all, here is a playlist of my tenor and plectrum guitars on YouTube:

8. Re: Rest Strokes - a means to an end, or part of regular techniqu

For many classical players it is absolutely a part of their technique and used when the music dictates its use. It is definitely not just a temporary learning tool. I have no idea about other genres...