Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: The winner of the Collings MT2 Giveaway

That is not the point, and I find myself in agreement. Personally, I did not think I would win, but I would hope the winning results were good. But the humor was crude and not well thought out, nor...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: the mandolin in bluegrass?

No, it sounds like deedle-deedle-plinky-plinky, if I'm not mistaking.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: the mandolin in bluegrass?

I was speaking from an ignorant state of mind I had when I first started getting into it. However, I had no idea the Irish Trad and other genres were being played first after the classical music....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Free V-Picks - Right Here

To be honest, I think the thread should be closed at this point to avoid more people thinking the draw is still up.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Registered User changed to WHAT??

"Registered User", I have it because, while I am a user of this site, I have also registered. It is a pretty clever title, if I do say so myself.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky vs. Indiana, A vs. F style

I was talking about the hyper exaggerated marks of "xxxx wood sounds like crap and will never sound as good as yyyyy" or "xxxx sounds nothing like yyyyy, not even the same instrument, its table...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky vs. Indiana, A vs. F style

As for the A-F style mandolins:

A-style's have a fuller tone due to their tear drop shape, and no extra space in the instrument like there is with the F-style. The sound in an A-style resonates...
  8. Re: Why don't we have a "Best Of..." forum section?

I suppose we could establish a ratings system, or just unanimously decide. I believe that important threads with a great deal of information should be archived within it. Any information on...
  9. Why don't we have a "Best Of..." forum section?

On some forums, especially those for information sharing, there would be something along the lines of a "Best Of [forum name]" Sub-Forum that contains the most useful or informal threads made on the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Learning on the Cheap

When it comes to playing with speed on the fretboard, you need to practice really slowly so your fingers know where to go. When you are just learning a song, play each section slowly until you get it...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Do i have it wrong or am i just a contrary?

Well, if a "fringe fanatic" is used to describe anyone with a true and passionate taste in music, we all are "fringe fanatics".