Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Why do people only sell the great ones?

I've noticed that virtually every mandolin for sale in the classified is an incredible mandolin, often the best the seller has ever played. I have yet to see one of the duds, or even a mediocre one,...
  2. Re: Want flat fretboard, at least 1 1/8" nut width. Suggestions?

Yes, the Triggs is quite intriguing. That is a real possibility. I know that he has a great reputation.
  3. Replies
    Views

Campanella Mandolin

I got a 2018 Campanella mandolin recently. It's basically an A-440, but with f-holes (shown on his website with an oval hole). I have owned a lot of mandolins, and played a lot more. This may be the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Predicting the Future

20 years after Loar left Gibson, the F-5 WAS passe' (i.e., no longer fashionable; out of date). Even in the 70s, folks were picking up Loars for peanuts. But I'm not talking about Loars. I'm talking...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Predicting the Future

I think it is a distinct possibility. Few fashions last indefinitely. The F-5 came to dominate because of Bill. Among those who are less influenced by him or the first generation of his followers,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: 12-string Bowlback

I saw this in Ishpeming, MI (upper peninsula). It was an iron mining town established in the 1850s, and there were lots of Italian immigrants. So that may explain how it got there. What were the...