Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Inlay colors

Recon stone is great for those flashy colors. Also check out Abalam, and browse through the Masecraft catalog. They have a lot of zany stuff - search for the Nordic pine cone, super cool.
    My...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Show off your back side

3. Re: Pac Rim instruments vs American made instruments ??

What I'm getting from this thread, is a general affection for the less-expensive, decently-made "Pac rim" or Asian-made instruments that many of us had as first or second guitars, mandolins, banjos...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Which Mandolin fits/compares to your Ability ??

I will never be able to play well enough to deserve the instruments I play. And may it always be so.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Get Your 4 Year Degree in Bluegrass

Just out of curiosity, why would anyone who posts on this forum be opposed to:

1) Young people choosing to undertake the serious pursuit of a musical tradition?

Or

2) An Appalachian...
  6. Replies
    Views

I'm tempted to wish there were as many universities with Bluegrass schools are there are with Law schools.
  7. Replies
    Views

This happened to jazz decades ago. It's basically inevitable.

-PJ
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: f5 archtop cut time with CNC machine

Interesting question. Somewhere between 200 and 500 hours to cut your first usable mandolin top. Plus, as Dale said, whatever the machine costs you. That's usually between $3000 and $25,000. The...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Asian Vs American Made

Maybe I have a different take on this then some other posters.

I'm a working multi-instrumentalist mostly playing mandolins (standard and octave) and keyboards. Until recently I gigged with my 35...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Trading/Buying DOWN for a better sound

I sold an Eastman 305 to trade up to a 315 or 515 but the sound wasn't there in those models . I stumbled upon a new km150 Kentucky and was knocked out by the sound and fit and finish . I paid...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman E20D guitar, rosewood back and sides.

Baby I'm amazed at the quality for the price of all Eastman instruments. I recently picked up a nearly pristine E20P for $700.00 and can't get over the sound and playability.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: A song that moves you.

I agree with JeffD that many times, it's the moment of the song. I saw Jens and Uwe Kruger play a duet where they strategically used silence in the song. It was an educated audience--this was at...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: A song that moves you.

The Star Spangled Banner brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it ....especially if its done well , The Issacs do a killer accapella version . Second one is The Ronnie Bowman rendition of "...
  14. Replies
    Views

radiused fretboard vs non

Hello all, will I notice the difference between a radiused fretboard and one that is not?
  15. Replies
    Views

I just got my order from Bob at BP strings...

I just got my order from Bob at BP strings

I've been ordering my strings from him for a while now and have seen his name come up here a few times. I wanted to let everyone know that, as far as I...