Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Gibson A-1 from 1912!

It sounds fantastic! There’s a great balance across all the courses; no excessive bassiness (that can plague these old Gibsons) on this one! It’s got a great tone to it, sometime soon when I record a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Gibson A-1 from 1912!

Thanks John! Yours looks real good too, I’ve actually never heard much of Old Wave, they look really nice for sure!
  3. Replies
    Views

NMD Gibson A-1 from 1912!

Hey all, bought this new Gibbie off Reverb, and it looks like it’s barely been played! Sounds amazing as well, have wanted one of these for a long, long time!! Link to pics:...
  4. Re: NMD 1935 Martin A-Style (and a 'lighbulb moment'!)

Yes, Allen, all the reasons you listed are why I got mine! As I do not plan to play any BG, I think mine will suit me just fine! Condition is fantastic, now if I just could find a case for it, lol!...
  5. NMD 1935 Martin A-Style (and a 'lighbulb moment'!)

Hey all, just got this fella in today, and lemme just say, I finally get it. I see why you guys love mandos so dang much! (Lengthy word salad follows this, you don't need to read if you don't want.) ...
  6. Re: Help identifying the Gibson Mando in this YouTube performance

Hey all, thanks for the help and everything you've shared! I ended up acquiring a 1935 Martin A-Style, and after getting acquainted with it, it seems to be fantastic for my needs and styles! Will...
  7. Re: Help identifying the Gibson Mando in this YouTube performance

Steve, thank you for sharing that! That's a fantastic video of one of the best groups (imo) to do Irish Trad in the past century. All masters of their isntruments, and all humble and unpretentious!...
  8. Re: Help identifying the Gibson Mando in this YouTube performance

Brady is my personal guitar hero, I've spent hours learning Arthur McBride, Mary And The Soldier, etc, and while I can get through them in his style, they sound like doo-doo compared to his versions;...
  9. Help identifying the Gibson Mando in this YouTube performance

Hey all, first post, happy to be here! I've played guitar for 10 years, Bouzouki for 4 months, and have decided I ought to add a Mando to that collection. As I'm big into Irish Trad music, I have a...