Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

My two treasures...

After 20 years of swapping around and trying pretty much everything, an endeavor characterized by a complete absence of craving anything like a "holy grail" and instead pure PLAY, I have found my two...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello solo and duo recordings playlist

THANK YOU for sharing these, Martin. It is such a gift to be part of a world community of music, and music-makers.

Mark
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Pomeroy Oval

Hi, Don. Just lovely, as are all of Don P.'s instruments. He manages to do his work with such love and expertise, and it sings through his instruments. Enjoy this one... I'll play my v-style mandola...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Winter’s Come and Gone

"Hey little blackbird, on my wireline..." My word! What a creative and soulful arrangement of that tune. Thank you for working it up, and for sharing.

Mark
  5. Re: Couple of Original Instrumental Tunes - Mandolin and Fiddle

This is MARVELOUS, Trey! Always a joy to hear you and Chris making music. Thanks for sharing it with the world, and with us.

Mark
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: "Perfect" Scroll?

I agree. Robb's work is something, indeed. I have a mango/cedar one of his that is a work of art. 165976

The lines of the button and the scroll more generally just seem to flow and to come...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Pomeroy #222

Hi, fellow Pomeroy owner Furb (and other fans). I just gave grateful home to this one, Don's #239, having been hunting an oval hole for a while. My word! I love everything about it, the violin...
  8. Girouard mandolins, the 'Cafe, and gratitude...

About two years ago in a fit of downsizing I foolishly sold this unique and wonderful Girouard A5, lacquered redwood over spectacular quilted maple:
    These pieces of playable art come and...
  9. Replies
    Views

Austin Clark guitar-bodied octave...

A month or so ago I posted a "Want to Buy: Guitar-bodied Octave Mandolin" ad on the 'Cafe, and I received some very helpful responses. Thanks, everyone.

And the winner (for...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

My word, Marty. That's spectacular, even by your standards. Wow.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New website for Waldzithers!

and although my German is rudimentary at best (a shame, given my Kunkel surname), I managed to glean LOTS of cool stuff from your pages, Norbert. THANKS for the work! My much-cherished Waldzither...
  12. Replies
    Views

New website for Waldzithers!

This, from WONDERFULLY helpful newcomer Norbert Feinendegen, following up on the recommendation that it belongs in a separate thread of its own:

For anyone who is interested in Waldzithers of C....
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: First 3D printed violin

Well, replicable. "Perfect," or an approximation of it, is working with a replicable baseline product to bring out its goodness, based on variance in materials and production and etc. ...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Stephen Owsley Smith Instruments

Surely wish I could help with an update, and surely wish that it could be adequate to celebrating Stephen's work and the depth of this art. I thank "whatever gods might be" for...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Joe Foley Bouzouki has arrived

Foleys...such a classy, traditional, gorgeous build and sound and feel. I miss my old cittern, and remember it having precisely the features you describe. May yours bring many happy hours of play!...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing songs on the zouk

Ah, meant to add... I'm learning Sara Jarosz's version of "Ring Them Bells" on CBOM, and that is inspiration indeed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avSGnZlnaY
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The GAL Convention

GREAT glimpse of what must have been a wonderful panoramic experience, Bill. Thanks for sharing (and I too am looking forward to Marty's smart and passionate perspectives as well)...
    MK
  18. Re: Herb Taylor 12 string just hit the classifieds

Wonderful and helpful perspectives as always, Roger... thanks for sharing your expertise so generously.

Mark
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Lawrence Nyberg OM Build Thread

Gotta love love, and gotta love music, and when they're all mixed together, gotta be grateful. Enjoy that Nyberg!

MK
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: My new Girouard A5

BEAUTIFUL! Max and Lauri are doing such wonderful work. May this one bring many many hours of happiness and music.

MK
  21. Re: New Josh Humphrey five-course multiscaled redwood over walnut

getting there, closer and closer by the day, it seems:

and a closer view of those lovely Gilbert tuners:

THANKSGIVING!
  22. Thread: sinker wood

by Markkunkel
    Replies
    Views

Re: sinker wood

Yep. From the "many mandos back" desk, this Single Malt Fylde:

Nice tone, impeccable playability, and in response to a suitably brisk hornpipe or reel it would exude the most...
  23. Re: Nikos Apollonio Apollo Stringed Instuments

You make it sound GREAT, Marty... thanks for sharing.

MK
  24. Re: New Josh Humphrey five-course, multiscaled port orford over k

Sometimes the only thing to say is "wow."

and of course, "thanks."
    MK
  25. Re: New Josh Humphrey five-course, multiscaled port orford over k

Over-the-weekend (rainbow?) pictures from Josh, the koa binding:

rosewood fingerboard blank:

and VERY nice tiled rosette of maple, madagascar rosewood, and the top:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3