Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Ava Mandolin carbon fiber bowlback

A solo one? I didn't see that.
  2. Replies
    Views

Ava Mandolin carbon fiber bowlback

I see this company has a builder page here, but I haven't seen any threads about their actual mandolin. I must say it's quite fetching. First time I've ever found a carbon fiber instrument...
  3. Re: Learning Bach's Chaconne, soliciting tips

Jim, you're right, the piece certainly does highlight the beauties of the violin. But I think there is some potential for the mandolin. This gentleman does it quite wonderfully, I think:
  4. Learning Bach's Chaconne, soliciting tips

Hey folks. I hope you are all well. I'm hoping to get your feedback on the project that is currently taking up all of my non-working, non-sleeping time: Trying to learn Bach's chaconne from the 2nd...
  5. Replies
    Views

Meet my Big Muddy jumbo mandolin

Hello everyone,

A while back I posted about being in the market for a new mandolin. Big Muddy was recommended by a few of you, and after I emailed Mike, who is great guy to communicate with and...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Is Our Tone Limited?

I think you're right about the limitations, Jared, but I see them more as a challenge than a disability. It makes it all the more impressive when someone surmounts them in an elegant way. Here's one...
  7. Re: 1929 Sadik Buyukcaglar on e-bay (Turkish Mandolin)

I know a bit of Turkish, but it's not much help here. I think you're right about the company founding year and street address. Not sure about the phone number. I don't know about the evolution of...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: This is incredible...

As an otherwise huge fan of Thile, I'm going to chime in here and say I agree with you, Petrus. The man is a genius and a master with the mandolin, but I find his most of his Punch Brothers...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: The other search continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_uHGj-Z9-A

This is a favorite of mine. The improvisation is stunning. Though in this case I do think Michael Daves' B-part steals the show.