Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe Mandolin Camp, 1st time.

I have been going to Monroe Camp for many years now and have never encountered anyone not being friendly and have always felt welcome by all who attend, this is a camp that I garrantee will not...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday! Brutus & Big Joe Vest

Happy birthday, Big Joe, always appreciate your
    Insight.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe mando camp in Spt

Agreed, don't miss the concert, a lot of good moments in time happen at the show, there will be plenty of picking later that evening.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Master Models

I have an 05 DMM, and the longer I play it, the more it gives back, the tone does sound like it is a mandolin that has been around for a while, dare I say ancient, all I can say is I used to have an...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: and this Gil F5-too much

The Ghilchrist F5C in both videos are two different ones, the one Sara is playing belonged to Charlie Derrington and the back is hard curly maple, an exceptional mando, wish I was in the position to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Casers - Austin, Texas

The grey case in Almeriastrings post is like mine, the rubber bumpers, the padded and secure neck rest, the only thing not shown is where the body of the mandolin is seated, I have an F style and the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Casers - Austin, Texas

I purchased a new England made Calton and have been very pleased, no headstock issues, the England case also has new shock absorbers on the outside to help with any possible impact from dropping, if...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Nashville to shop

You can also check out Carter Vintage, They have recently opened up.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: what's the deal with Dusty Miller

There is also Gene Gorforth's Dusty Miller, you can here John Hartford pay tribute to it on the Hamleton Ironworks CD. I really like this version.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Distressed Master models

I did end up buying an 05 DMM #D70319 and could not be happier, This mandolin has incredible tone. I want to thank all who have helped me, it seems in my research these 05 models are truly excellent...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Recent Quality Mandolins

I think now a days your lucky to get your money back or make big bucks, there are just to many choices, If you can enjoy your instrument and break even your doing pretty good, most of the time one...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Respect among legends....

Respect is something one must earn, no doubt they had mutual respect for one another, You can also feel the love for one another, I miss them both and hear echoes of their influence left upon this...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Normal????

Define Normal?
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Jesus Mandolin

Annabel, Thats what is important, it is special to you and possibly someone else, even if the image is what you believe or what someone else chooses to believe, I believe in the positive way of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The Spirit in the Mandolin

Now we are getting into "The Spirit" !
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Road Music

I like a combination of John Hartfords fiddle albums, Mike Comptons endevours, Gillian Welch, can't get enough of David Rawlings playing, Bill Monroe and lots of hard diving old time bands!
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The Spirit in the Mandolin

[QUOTE=Ray Neuman;1071018]I believe everything has a harmonic balance. A "tone" so to speak. Wood especially. So, I believe a craftsman injects their tone, the wood does, and so on until the...
  18. Re: The perfect marriage of artist and instrument

Mike Compton and his Ghilchrist.