Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Beginner Seeking Advice - Guitar or Octave Mandolin?

You might also consider a Ukulele, which is a good instrument to accompany yourself singing. I played Ukulele and sang with a few other ukulele players for about 6 years, before the desire for a...
  2. Thread: Chords

by Smyrna5
    Replies
    Views

Re: Chords

Doesn't work for everyone, I guess. I watched that vid a while ago. While I can play the dreaded G 4 finger chop chord, I can't ye do it quickly. For me, its easier to plant my first two fingers...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Busking! who's gone and done it?

About the closest I have ever come to busking was several years ago. For about 2-3 years, a friend and I used to jam on our ukuleles once a week behind a coffee shop in the old town square....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Reading notation up the neck

Excellent question, wormpicker. I have wondered the same thing for some time on the ukulele and guitar. I was classically trained on trumpet back in the 1960s in middle school. When reading standard...
  5. Re: Kentucky KM150 flat versus KM 250 radiused fretboard

I am sure its mostly a matter of getting used to it, but my under $50 beginner mandolin has a flat fretboard and I can muddle along on it. I recently tried out an Eastman with a well set up radiused...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Making a bad instrument sound good enough

I've seen that too on my local CL. What was really weird on the one I bought from MF was that the price jumped around all week in the same EEBay listing, from $42.99 to $49.99.