Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Roosebeck balalaika opinions?

I've played a Roosebeck lute and two of their baroquleles. One of the baroquleles played fine, and its owner uses it and gigs with it a lot. The other one had very high action and a nut sharp enough...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Celtic/Irish Mandolins

I like a-style flat-tops. They seem to have a longer sustain than carved tops which is particularly useful when adding ornamentation when playing. I really like my Big Muddy flat top. It's loud...
  3. Re: Is it a good choice pick a Neapolitan mandolin for Irish Musi

I play primarily Celtic music. I have a bowlback and also a flat top. I've performed and also been to sessions with both. Both work for the music, and no one has complained about my choice of...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Mandolin to buy for under $600 ?

I would second the flat top suggestion. I play a Big Muddy that I bought used for $450, and I am extremely pleased with it. I have also owned an Eastman and played several other Eastmans, and thought...
  5. Replies
    Views

The South Wind

I was playing around on my Big Muddy M-3 yesterday and recorded this. Hope it works and you all like it.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Irish mandolin jigs for new player?

I really like "My Darling Asleep" and "The Lilting Banshee"
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Poor Man's Mando Question

My first mando was a Rover RM-25 and I found it to be quite serviceable. It needed decent strings and some adjusting of the bridge, but I was able to set it up to play well without too much...
  8. Re: Designing a new type of double top Mandolin (DT Model)

Wow! That's a beautiful mandolin. Amazing work. I want one ��
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: How long did it take?

I was excellent from the start... ... ... Haha not at all. But three years of almost daily practice has made a big difference in my ability to make the instrument do what I want it to. I'm decent at...