Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Choro: Rare Jacob do Bandolim recordings up on Youtube

These are not necessarily brand new, but they are to me. I noticed that I kept finding these gems posted by "SenorDaVoz" and realized he was posting some really amazingly rare recordings. Many of...
  2. Re: Mandozine "Arpeggios - David Grisman" chart or good alternati

Yes, I am able to open .tef files.

Now I see some of the fingerings indicated in the music notation staff (not the tab staff). However, it does not indicate the complete fingerings. Even so, it...
  3. Re: Mandozine "Arpeggios - David Grisman" chart or good alternati

This link here has fingering noted, if you are able to open up .tef files: Arpeggios - Minimum Daily Requirements http://www.mandozine.com/music/table...DR-Grisman.tef
  4. Re: Mandozine "Arpeggios - David Grisman" chart or good alternati

I'm working with the Grishman Minimum Daily Requirements exercises. Could someone suggest the correct fingering for these? Thanks!
  5. Re: Mandozine "Arpeggios - David Grisman" chart or good alternati

Here are 2 of the files in pdf, if it worked. if not I'lltry again later.

FYI, you should really download the free tabledit viewer. The wealth of available files here and on...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Choro das Tres US tour May-July 2013

Good news! I just received this list of remaining gigs from David Isenberg:

Friends and music lovers,

As many of you know, I am helping the great Brazilian choro band,
    Choro das 3, organize...
  7. Replies
    Views

Choro das 3 will be conducting a workshop and concert July 10 in Memphis, TN. For more information, workshop registration or concert tickets, please see http://www.mamamusic.org. We are very excited...
  8. Replies
    Views

My wife and I saw them last night in Hampton, CT. An absolutely superb concert, as authentic as it possibly could be.
  9. Replies
    Views

Choro das Tres US tour May-July 2013

For those interested in the fabulous sisters’ trio Choro das Tres from São Paulo, they are just beginning a US tour (late May – early July). Dates are on their website: ...
  10. Re: Blues mandolin on Mandolin Passion!!

that mandolin sounds funky =)
    I like it !

your link is missing the N in the mandolin and therefore doesn´t work

here it is again : http://www.mandolinpassion.com/
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Jazz tune in book Mandolin for Dummies

Quick response from the amazing jazz tune's author Prof. Dummy himself! Good job Don!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Jazz tune in book Mandolin for Dummies

Hi Carlos, "Three Keys" was written by me for specifically for "Mandolin For Dummies". You are correct in that it is based on the ii-V7-I progression. Glad you like it.
  13. Re: Caterina Lichtenberg Accepting Students Through Sepember 15

You folks in the Bay area are so lucky. She's beyond wonderful. I don't know where else in the classical mandolin world you will find this combination of amazing insight and pure fun, steeped in...
  14. Caterina Lichtenberg Accepting Students Through Sepember 15

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Caterina Lichtenberg Accepting Students Through Sepember 15

Caterina Lichtenberg has announced she will be accepting a limited number of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Blues mandolin on Mandolin Passion!!

Happy Mothers day everyone!!

The artist of the week hails from Denver, CO and they have a great blues picker on mandolin! Check them out.

Thanks for the support!

www.madolinpassion.com
  16. Re: Arpeggios - tips and tricks to play these well and how to use

Hi Pefjr, Jasona and others. back with my mandolin. Did my Afrikaans poem this morning playingLouis Leipoldt's poem "op my ou ramkiekie" that is the poem I mentioned before to which someone wrote ...
  17. Re: Arpeggios - tips and tricks to play these well and how to use

Many of you are already doing this, but this little invented exercise may help some. Take a basic arpeggio...say a "D"...and anchor the two finger d chord at the 4th fret (d string) and 5th fret(a...
  18. Re: Arpeggios - tips and tricks to play these well and how to use

As much as I would like to see that, I don't think there is any chance. What you need to understand is that Wiley & Sons is one of the biggest book publishers in the entire world. Trying to get a...
  19. Re: Arpeggios - tips and tricks to play these well and how to use

I hear you. I have basically been away from my mandolin for 4 out of 5 weeks due to work related travel that is not amenable to mandolin companionship :( So I am working on music theory.
  20. Re: Arpeggios - tips and tricks to play these well and how to use

Any chance that could be done as a spiral-bound edition???
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Little Prelude for Solo Mandolin

Sorry, I've written it as I want it to sound, but for all practical purposes, forget the 'second' part (with the stems going down) and just play the 'tune' (stems going up most of the time) but keep...
  22. Replies
    Views

Gaaahhh...,

my brain is full. Thanks - it makes sense but I still don't know what to do.

How would a solo mandolin player finger these two voices?
  23. Replies
    Views

Cobflute: There are two voices. Imagine one person singing the the notes with the stems going up and another person singing the notes with the stems going down. In the first measure the latter...
  24. Re: Arpeggios - tips and tricks to play these well and how to use

Thanks to you all. I am sadly so, away from my mandolin, though I did put some of what you said to use in my practice session last night. Away for work travels but hope to be back home soon and...
  25. Re: Arpeggios - tips and tricks to play these well and how to use

Take an interesting chord progression and apply your arpeggios. For example you might try descending arpeggios over the common Am to G to F to E7 progression. Try it with other common chord...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4