Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Best strings for vintage Gibson

I will 2nd Mercedes NM's recommendation of the GHS Silk and Steel. I also have a 1912 A-4 and have found those strings to sound very good.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Acoustic music near Elkton, VA

Hi Sue

You can check the schedule of live events at Court Square Theater in Harrisonburg. They have a variety of shows.

https://courtsquaretheater.org/

Clementine Cafe has some live music...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Comparison/impressions of Guitar Body OMs?

If you like your Pono you can keep your eyes open for the shorter scale model. I certainly enjoy mine with the tenor size body and 21" scale!
  4. Thread: Fern?

by Gene Lewis
    Replies
    Views

Re: Fern?

That is a great fern indeed! And from 1970!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Heartfelt Tenderness

Thanks for sharing CB and I will agree with you, they are one of my favorites. I can put on the MO playlist anytime and enjoy! The songwriting is excellent and the vocals from both are pleasing! He...
  6. Re: Modern case options for teens Gibson A models

+1 on the TKL arch top case. I recently acquired a teens A-4 and the TKL is a very good fit.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: New Stanley A Style Build

As this thread has been resurrected, here are a few current photos of #66! It is a wonderful instrument that I acquired in October.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Silk and Steel Strings?

I have been using them on my f hole mandolin for a year or so and I do like them. As mentioned already, they are not as bright as the J74's but a warmer sound. I do believe they are easier under the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Cool music venues in Savannah GA?

Check out the Ordinary Pub on Broughton St. for some great food! Make sure to try the Pork Belly Donut Slides as an app and then try not to get a second order for your main course!!