Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Circle of 5ths: Parte dois

After watching some of your videos I'm convinced it's your mind and fingers doing the barking and singing. I'm finding out you are not only a great teacher but also a fantastic performer in all kind...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Circle of 5ths: Parte dois

I'm just waking up(late night)and drinking some coffee when I stumbled upon your video. Ching Dow, do I have a lot more to grasp in the vortex of fifths! I can feel chunks of crust falling away...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Circle of 5ths Part 1

zak
    you are a good communicator/teacher.
    No stumbling, no asides, no digressions, as is so common with ad hoc u-tube explanations I have encountered.
    Logical small steps for the subject matter. ...
  4. Replies
    Views

I had always wanted to learn more about music theory but could not find the discipline. A couple of years ago, I got involved in a hopeless relationship with a guitar player and thoughts of him were...
  5. Replies
    Views

I only started learning the rudiments of music a half century ago as a cornet player in the primary school brass band, so I figure I can be forgiven for not yet having completely grasped the basics....
  6. Replies
    Views

Nice Zak, I have a circle of fifths wall clock in my music room and a friend and I once joked about a "I (heart) the (circle of fifths) bumper sticker".
    Looking forward to video's 2 and 3.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike Marshall's online school?

You might also check out John Mcganns video lessons. For beginners they are quite good for technique.. John also left us with many good threads here on the cafe. I miss his input but refer to his...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: New Free Tutorials Site

Thanks so much Zak. Really enjoyed the first two videos, which are opening up the mando in new ways. Will certainly continue following. Cheers!
  9. Replies
    Views

Very cool videos, thanks. Very nice mandolin too BTW!
  10. Replies
    Views

Thanks, Zak! I'm just getting started and found your videos very comprehensive and helpful. Keep up the good work!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New Free Tutorial! Irish Jig Grooves.

Thanks, Zak. This is really good - and also very timely. I'm going to Ireland next week, on a bus tour organized by a Celtic band I'm friends with. They've organized some gigs at pubs in the evening,...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New Free Tutorial! Irish Jig Grooves.

Thanks Zak!

Just listening to "The Brazillionaires - Tarde de Chuva" in the other browser tab. That's great stuff!!!!
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Ways to Get More From Your Practice Time?

I do the same thing. There have been many nights that I've gone to bed frustrated or mad because I was working on something difficult all the way to the end of my nightly mandolin time, and ended up...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Zak Borden, Fall River/Elzic's Farewell

Wow. That was very nice.
  15. Replies
    Views

Zak Borden, Fall River/Elzic's Farewell

JazzMando What's New - http://jazzmando.com/new/assets_c/2013/11/Brazillionaires-thumb-375x281-2127.jpg
    We posted a cool video last winter, Portland mandolinist Zak Borden and his trio, The...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Elzic's Farewell to Baião

Very nice. I love Elzick's Farewell. I really like what you guys did with it.

Jamie
  17. Replies
    Views

A pleasure to hear and watch. I loved how you all were clearly enjoying yourselves and in the zone. Just made me feel good, thanks!
  18. Replies
    Views

Sweet!

Jack
  19. Replies
    Views

Wonderful music! Great concept, arrangements and tone.
  20. Re: New Tutorial: Build your own chords #4! Aug, Dim and 7 chord

Diminished = ominous. It had never occurred to me.

Really, really impressive again.

This covers the territory that is explored in the recent long, occasionally entertaining and too often...
  21. Replies
    Views

Wow, this is great stuff! I just watched all three videos in the triad-building series, and it's exactly what I've been trying to teach my wife, in terms of recognizing movable chord shapes and how...
  22. Replies
    Views

Thanks for this, Zak. I've added you to my 'favourites' and will check in on your lessons.

ron
  23. Replies
    Views

Empowering is the right word. I'm subscribed. Thanks.
  24. Replies
    Views

great simplified teaching...thanks for taking the time to post this!
  25. Replies
    Views

This post should be getting more attention.

It is a really original approach and is very well worth looking at. I'm hugely impressed at the way the presentation is at one with the method -...