Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Pricing?

An acquaintance sent this to us in April, said in their decades of visiting Elderly they'd never seen more than one or two open spaces on any portion of the mandolin wall, they always had instruments...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Help: Paypal or venmo or selle?

Find another seller and move on. Anyone that won't meet your terms of protecting your purchase is not worth the risk of doing business with.
  3. Re: RSW's Jerry Rosa & The Mysterious Sam Bush Upside-Down Truss

I wouldn't call the mandolin before the repair messed up. I'm not so sure about the mandolin after the repair.
    Just looking at the chewed inside of the TR channel makes me wonder....
  4. Re: Question About Classified Price/Sales Tax Etiquette

If it was purchased through Reverb the buyer has to pay tax. I see no issue here.
  5. Re: RSW's Jerry Rosa & The Mysterious Sam Bush Upside-Down Truss

Truss rods have been installed like that in Gibson mandolins as long as there have been truss rods in Gibson mandolins... and they work. (They were also installed in other ways in various years by...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: I Like This Pick... But What Is It?

It looks to me like my EML casein pick.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about CA glue

The current KM500 claims to be nitrocellulose; older ones might have a synthetic catalyzed finish. The only way to tell for sure is to test an area with acetone. I pull off one side of tuners and...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F5 Hall of Fame Bill Monroe Mandolin

Post number 2 referenced it was $5k higher than originally sold for. I assumed that info to be accurate, thus the flipping it comment.

What is retail? Street price? Looks like TMS sold one for...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Apollo Picks !

Hey Folks,

Thank you all for all these kind words. I appreciate the feedback greatly.

Medley12 & Caleb: I really like that GG tri shape too. I was turned on to it by my buddy Adam Schlenker...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe's mandolin smashed to bits

Today is the anniversary of the smashing on Monroe's mandolin, certainly not a pretty day or cause for celebration. A reminder we have the only video interview with Charlie Derrington about the...
  11. Re: Anyone know what the old flatirons were finished with?

CA might be the best thing for you to use anyway, but the typical way to test the finish is to remove a tuner and dab an acetone-dampened swab in the footprint. A cross-linked finish won't be...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Ups insurance a ripoff

Coupla thoughts........

1. I believe 3 different members have mentioned having packages "Lost" and then show up later.(?) In my way of thinking, if it shows up, even a week, month or year later...
  13. Re: Stewmac shipping outrageously expensive and NOT eco-responsib

Just so I understand this, throwing out paper that breaks down and goes away in a landfill is less eco-responsible than using a bubble wrap plastic product that will never break down in a landfill...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Dennis Vance receives double transplant

Just spoke to Dennis by phone. He was with some family at a restaurant having lunch and has been out of the hospital since Monday. Sounded much better than the last time we spoke which was just a few...
  15. Re: Campanella two-point (How to make an accent on due?)

We lost two sugar maples about 20 years ago. I wish I’d save some logs for a mandolin now. Probably wouldn’t have been that great wood anyway.

Before we lose this ad, I think the seller’s comments...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: What are your go-to crowd pleasers?

Usually a crowd pleaser when I stop playing!
  17. Re: Gibson opposes Collings' headstock trademark registration, ci

I would push back against this, at least a little. I don't think it has anything to do with employing lawyers or sharp business practice. On the contrary. BlueChip is simply patenting an original...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Should Bryan Kimsey scallop my guitar?

Tried(not very hard) to stay out of this discussion since I know so little of the topic at hand.

I am very favorably impressed with the knowledge and experience being shared here so freely....
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Arm rest. Y or N?

No arm rest, no pickguard, no toneguard.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Arm rest. Y or N?

+1 for me. Same goes for Tonegard.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Should Bryan Kimsey scallop my guitar?

I have known Bryan for many years. We used to pick a lot together and camp together at Winfield when he comes. Through our network of mutual friends/pickers I have played untold number of guitars he...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Why do people do this?

I have always had the opinion that top wear is almost never "pick wear". It is from fingernails, etc. (pinky and ring). I also don't call the elevated 'guard' on a mandolin a "pick-guard"...it is a...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble or Duff F5?

That Gil is awesome! The Kimble (#153 built in 2008) has enough of that tone to have stopped me from repeatedly kicking myself for selling it :grin:
    One of these days I need to do a comparison...
  24. Thread: Blue chip picks

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

Yes.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Stringwinder's for mando

I love all the nicely made and machined winders from Frank, Lynn and all but I'm a DIY kind of guy with a saw, some CA and a few Jim Dunlop guitar winders laying around. Cut it and glued it then...
Page 1 of 2 1 2