Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Kentucky KM150 - Crazy as a loon, John Prine cover...

Was listening to John Prine tunes this morning, and there was my KM150 looking at me funny, so I paused the YouTube video, grabbed the Kentucky and pretended I know the song and how to play it ;)

2. Replies
    Views

Re: Useful Tip For Changing Strings

My favored approach involves placing the string loop over the peg in the tailpiece, then stretching it under light hand tension, straight over the bridge and nut, and winding it several times (2-4)...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: upgrade thoughts

Amen to that. And realize that "mass production" in terms of mandolins, is nothing like producing SUV's, Air Jordans, or even solid-body electric guitars. You can't call what happens in even an...
  4. Replies
    Views

How to play mandolin faster

I've been working on building speed for a little bit and I thought I would share some of the things that worked well for me. The li,k to the vid is below and you can find tabs and a bonus vid on my...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Right Hand Technique

I have put together a set of lessons that will loosen up your right hand, improve your tone, sharpen your timing, and get your right hand in...
  6. Replies
    Views

Right Hand Technique

Over my many years of playing & teaching (I'm in my 70's now) I've struggled to find the most effective way to help students develop right hand skills. Truth be told, it's the hardest part of playing...