Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky-brand info

When I got my Kentucky 1050 I got it to play out in places I really didn’t want to take my nicer instruments. I took it to Lynn Dudenbostel to replace the bridge and set it up. He said it sounded...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Let's talk small, high-end, acoustic amps

I used to own the acoustic image guitar version of their amp. As a double violin and mandolin player, I found it didn't really sound any better than my old Loudbox 100. So I sold it to a buddy who...
  3. Re: How Do You Shoot? Digital Video for Live Performance

Fast lenses
    You can reduce some of the noise in the NLE you are using, DaVinci Resolve is free and has great tools, but there is a learning curve
    I have a canon dslr and a canon c100 which is a low...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Preamp/DI for Mandolin

My Summit audio Td 100 tube direct box has +23 dBu headroom and a variable impedance go 10k to 2 M Ohms. If you need massive head room. its not cheap and needs ac power, but a lovely piece of gear. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: QSC K10 sub question

A very good friend and a fine sound engineer relays a way to use a sub in a small acoustic environment: Use an aux send and only send to the sub the channels the have that low information. So the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking to start home recording

I love the sound of audient preamps. I gave away my RME Babyface to my son, so I might look at that as a replacement. The bottom line is the new inexpensive units (Focusrite, audient and others) are...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Incoming! New digital mixer

The gig was great. We were outside under a150 year old beech tree. The x-air was flawless all I had to do was notch out a low frequency feed back identified immediately with the built in analyzer....
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Fishman Artist Loudbox

Very nice feature in the StageScape. However even at the low end one band member can take a wireless tablet or workstation out front while the rest of the band sound checks and adjust levels eq for...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Concerts of Note

Wonderful
    I had the pleasure to play with the Munier orchestra in 1985 and 1986 when I was the Director of the Folklife Center of Philadelphia
    Wonderful folks and a great experience. I brought...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: OT: Guitar Repair In No. Ohio

There is an excellent repairman in Stow named Dave Howard, he reset the neck of a 1950's Martin, refretted it as well as my 1923 Gibson F-4.
    His number is 3306889138
  11. Vivaldi double mandolin concerto in Akron may 14

I will play first mandolin on this program. See www.akronbaroque.org for information. Concert is free!
  12. Re: Northern Ohio Mandolin / Acoustic Music Gathering Version 4.0

Just to let everyone know, I will be performing with the Akron Baroue orchestra tommorow night the 14th. Vivaldis double mandolin concerto in G. I will give a pre concert lecture on the mandolin....
  13. Re: Professional Bluegrass band seeking Mandolin player with voc

I would suggest David Mayfield in Warren Ohio.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Doug Unger Pocket Mandolin

Those guides are custom fabricated by Doug (as well as the tail piece cover) and embedded in the head-stock. I think the tuners are Stewart McDonald relic tuners, but the next time I see him I'll...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Doug Unger Pocket Mandolin

Plus the old one
  16. Thread: Bill Monroe

by oldwave
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe

I would maintain that Duke Ellington was making concept recordings back before any of these mentioned artists and has not even been mentioned in these discussions. A giant of the tentieth century,...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: National RM-1 Resonator Mandolin

I have two an old one from the 1930's and a new one a few years back. I always get complements on the nice warm tone the Rm-1 radiates. I play most anything on it, blues, ragtime, old swing, Celtic...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: found an old mandolin with no markings

5 bucks is what id pay for it
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Scratches on my Nitro Finish

I have a KM1050, as well as a Collings MT2 and a National with gloss finish. The KM has very thin finish that is not at all durable. I have had my luthier touch up a few areas around the sound holes...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Too many genres?

Louis Armstrong had the best quote and I subscribe to the Satchmo schools of thought.
    "There are two types of music, good and bad"
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Northern Ohio Mandolin Gathering Version 3.0

It brings home the Latin proverb carpe diem. I enjoyed his company and his music especially the older tunes in his repertoire. We were lucky to have met him and to be inspired by his love of music...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: DBX Speaker Management System

Good point which is why I added the allen and Heath to my tech. I play in many different combinations from a six piece band to a duo. I am interested in seeing the new qsc and will be installing two...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: DBX Speaker Management System

The Oiv96 has inserts, but its a bit of a learning curve to use and is relatively expensive. However, it is very versatile and sounds very very good.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: R. Gerome French Mandolin

Wow what an incredible find. Outstanding.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Take your best mandolin to the festivals?

When i go to festivals I usually take my National. The problem is that the level of jam etiquette varies widely cutting through gets your solos heard, though i must say if the jam is loud all the...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3