Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass or Classical Mandolin Lessons

This is the key.

If your goal is to play classical music (or Italian mandolin music too), classical lessons are the only way to go.

If you want to play BG, folk, etc. then you need to focus on...
  2. Replies
    Views

Hey,

If you are interested in both genres, I'd go with Mike. He's willing to help you go in whichever direction. He also works to ensure good fundamentals, so if you end you changing directions...
  3. Replies
    Views

Michael - In a way,it depends on which style of music you want to play - however !. I started playing banjo back in 1963 & over here in the UK there was totally zero re.tutors etc. A friend of mine...
  4. Replies
    Views

I am taking classical lessons through Artist Works with Caterina but I play bluegrass with a group in my church. It's almost like playing two different instruments so it really does come down to your...
  5. Replies
    Views

If its possible to find someone local who specializes in mandolin teaching, not a guitar teacher who 'dabbles' on the mandolin, to give you a few basic lessons, including posture, pick grip and left...
  6. Re: Bluegrass or Classical Mandolin Lessons

There is another thread discussing just about the same question. there is a new site Mandolins Heal the World. I have done a trial with Mike Marshall and Mandolins Heal the World. I will be...
  7. Replies
    Views

I think I'd go with Mike (hey, hey and Caterina are married, so they'll both make out) only because Mike can give you both the bluegrass element as well as the classical. They're both big on proper...
  8. Replies
    Views

Provided you like both genres of music, I would ask which one will provide the most opportunity to play with other people in your location? When I was first starting on mandolin I worked on...