Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Grommet placement

You weren't supposed to share that...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Campanella Mandolin

Coffee and mandolins. Two best vices I can think of...
  3. Re: Solved! Follow-up to "A pedal tuner question"

Charlie - XLR to 1/4" adapter plugs are pretty inexpensive and easy to come by. That would solve your XLR to pedal in issue...
  4. Re: Solved! Follow-up to "A pecal tuner question"

I have a Fire Eye Red Eye Twin preamp that I use - one input for a mandolin and one input for a guitar. I have been using the effects in and out for a Polytone 3 tuner...works fine. From the Fire...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD My Pomeroy A

Welcome to the club from Pomeroy #243
  6. Re: Sturgill mandolin and guitar on fb marketplace

Word of mouth is the best advertising, and the Cafe has done a lot for this brand!
  7. Re: Duff A style mandolins, like to hear owner thoughts, some ?

Daryl - You and Mary ought to look into setting up as mandolin matchmakers. Between the two of you, there is a world of knowledge and experience regarding hunting for, assessing, and purchasing...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Where did you find your last mando?

An "Old Sausage-ism" if there ever was one.
    Thanks, Dave.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you name your instruments?

One has a Rose McClung - she's called "Rose." Another has a "Fleur de Lis" McClung, she's "Fleur." The others have plain McClungs. They are "Mandolins."
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Hands on with a Zeta acoustic mandolin

I count on Daryl to serve as one of our "Guide Scouts" here at the Cafe. He's always out ahead looking at the terrain, trying to identify whatever is ahead. I have twice now sought out instruments...
  11. Replies
    Views

White Rose McClung

Here is one of Doug Edward's creations on a 2019 Northfield Big Mon. I purchased a Northfield armrest when I bought the Big Mon, but found its profile to be too narrow for my comfort. All...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: How much Time do you have left?

Dark, indeed, for some of us...
  13. Replies
    Views

The Mandolin in America

Thanks to the Post Office, Christmas continues to be a rolling affair in our household, as items ordered long ago in anticipation continue to slowly arrive. Yesterday, one such gift showed up for me...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP cafe member man_dough_nollij

Think of how touched he would be if he knew that some years after his passing, he was still remembered with fondness and respect by friends in this community.Six minutes? Six hours? Six months? Six...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Music store etiquette?

The Music Emporium in Lexington is where you want to go when visiting Boston.
    Plan on several hours!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Blem Mandolins

Lest we forget our lore, the above is guidance from The Cafe Authority on this marvelous instrument.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Blem Mandolins

Blasphemy! Mentioning the glorious Shmergel Devastator in proximity to the word "blem." May your fingertips peel and every note you play fall flat!
  18. Re: Modern case options for teens Gibson A models

My 1916 A1 sits nicely in an Eastman fiberglass case...the f style.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: the Small Dog

There are Bobelock cases that come with covers. Call Greg Boyd or Bluegrass Mandolins. They can get them for you.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: '77 D.Wm Halsey F5

Beautiful inlay on that headstock!
  21. Replies
    Views

More love for Pomeroys

Here’s my 2018 Violin Style A and a song called “Someday.” I find this instrument as much a pleasure to look at as it is to play. Unfortunately, this recording doesn’t do the mandolin the justice it...
  22. Re: How did the "curl" on the mandolin body evolve?

Or ask Allen Hopkins....;)
  23. Re: How did the "curl" on the mandolin body evolve?

I can't believe how long this has gone on without one of the cognescenti revealing the true source of "THE CURL." As the illuminated know, it was the Shermgel Family in Bavaria during the 14th...
  24. Replies
    Views

New owner of Pomeroy #243 Oval Hole

I'm the newest owner of this instrument, and really pleased to have it. I can't decide what I want to do more - look at it or play it. The fit and finish on it is...
  25. Re: How did the "curl" on the mandolin body evolve?

:popcorn:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4