Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Fickle Pick Picker

You can speed up the opening of the pick if you lay it in front of stereo speakers playing at full volume for about a week.
  2. Thread: Pava

by biologyprof
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava

Hello to the MandolinCafe. Pava #271, an A5 Pro with the Autumn Burst, that I was lucky enough to win arrived in good shape this past Friday. It was a long week waiting for that delivery. What a...
  3. Thread: Pava

by biologyprof
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava

Hi Folks and thank you for the congratulations sent my way. Yes, I’m Greg D from Pennsylvania. I’m actually just a tad north of Pittsburgh. Although I don’t post much I’ve been a member here since...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: what are the regular folks playing.

This thread actually reminds me of a night at Woodstown, New Jersey at the Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival. It was about 2:00 AM and I was jamming with a group of folks that were all better than I...
  5. It's time for many in the north to start humidifting.

A deleted post in the builder's section reminded me that it's time for my annual rant on the importance of humidifying your home when your heating system starts to run regularly.
    My preferred and...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Felt under the bridge feet?

If you soak the felt in lighter fluid and then ignite it, yes it would.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't hate me

Don't hate ya, not one bit.

Adaption of Kenny Hall:

Pick yore mandolin, have your fun, this morning
    Pick yore mandolin, have your fun, this morning
    Pick your mandolin, have your fun,
    Run...
  8. Replies
    Views

Holy Smokes Don Julin and Billy Strings!

Just try and watch this and NOT end up with your jaw on the floor.

http://www.thebluegrasssituation.com/read/sitch-session-billy-strings-don-julin-meet-me-creek

Holy Picking!!!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Bros Catalog Descriptions by Stan

You are absolutely right. In the case of new instruments from prominent manufacturers, I don't think anyone could beat Mandolin Bros. for price. His prices were so low that it really irked the big...
  10. Re: Mandolin Bros Catalog Descriptions by Stan

In all I bought two mandolins, two banjos, a guitar, a few instrument cases and a slew of smaller stuff from Mandolin Bros. His prices were always fair in my book and he had the things I wanted to...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Brothers Website

This part of the thread deserves it's own thread. Mandolin Bros catalog pages and Stan's descriptions.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Brothers Website

I miss them too. Nobody could write an instrument description like Stan Jay. NOBODY. And I suspect nobody ever will. He is the undisputed champion of instrument related descriptive prose. I visited...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: I had no idea.

Gibson reintroduced the brand on a mandolin built in China. We referred to them here as the "EpiFlats".

Many past conversations about them can be found here.
  14. Thread: Skaggs

by Stubs
    Replies
    Views

Re: Skaggs

It was a super concert. Great musicians and good energy.
    Only downer was Dennis one of his guitar players was suffering from the flu and passed out on stage. He fell right on top of his guitar and...
  15. Re: Affordable mandolins for the playing professional

It's not the mandolin that makes the professional, it's the other way around. Musical instruments are only tools. I've never owned a mandolin worth more than a thousand dollars, yet I've earned my...