Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Visit to Fiddler's Green in Austin

Kevin, there's a facebook page called Central Texas Bluegrass that is very active and constantly updates events in the Austin area....hope that helps.

Dill pickles go with everything Texas and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: A mandolin/violin relative price story

just a follow-up:
    We did go to the local violin shop yesterday and found my wife a beginner violin set that was affordable. Wife had no idea that she was about to get an early birthday surprise.
  3. Replies
    Views

Funny Weber ad...

https://reverb.com/item/7509141-weber-yellowstone-mandolin-excellent-condition-serial-4199107

Just posting cause the ad made me laugh....no affiliation, good, bad, or otherwise.
    Might offer him a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: My Northfield Artist Model, “Old Dog”

congrats!
    A cool back story and great write up. Talk about being in the right place at the right time...wow.
  5. Re: rookie question: Weber -vs- Collings -vs- others

I really appreciate all the thoughtful replies. I was just up in the Austin area, but was involved in family holiday events, but will make the drive to Fiddlers Green very soon----and will keep...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: When to buy?

My rookie observations:
    Eniver, I am somewhat in the same boat---old guitar picker / first time used mando shopper. In my few weeks of looking for used good / better mandolins I am not sure if...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: new guy here in the cafe...

Lots of good information here, thanks to all!
    Just spent the last couple hours looking at the builders you mentioned; got quite and education today.
    I appreciate it!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: My Level of Incompetence

this is my first post, so don't fret over your incompetence...
    I've been "learning" to play guitar off and on for 40 years, and the only person that enjoys my playing is myself...even the guys I...