Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 404Bk Mandolin review

Here are some pictures of the headstock and tuners back and front. The tuners work fine better than the Collings MT anyway.

The neck profile is a cross between a U and a V - a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Fret Wire Questions

As sunburst stated, the 0.080" wire seems to be the standard for mandolins. Since this is a new build, consider that mandolins are especially prone to fret wear with the usual nickel-silver wire. I...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Left-Handed Players

When I grew up I tried playing guitar 10 different times. There was always a guitar lying around and it was always right-handed. Invariably, after a month or so of not making progress, I would...
  4. Replies
    Views

Ryan Thomson aka Captain Fiddle in NH. Developed focal dystonia which left him unable to bow with his right hand. Rather than give up fiddle, he started all over playing left-handed and got quite...
  5. Replies
    Views

You're making a great point.

I've been playing guitar for over fifty years and have never been able to get a good alternating bass going. About a year ago I attended a guitar workshop with drop-D...
  6. Replies
    Views

Wow...thats my story as well including being a drummer / percussionist (left handed.. both). My story varies slightly...tried right handed guitar years ago. Brought it back out a few months ago and I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Left-Handed Players

I got an inquiry this morning from a new member regarding a Left-Handed Mandolin Players Group. I see one social group. Are there any others and are they active? I do realize at least one of the...