Search:

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: The end of my playing days.

Back in 2009 when I joined the Cafe, within a week I had a 'phone call from Ivan. He saw a new member from the UK and he reached out. Over the years we exchanged all kinds of music, he helped me with...
  2. Re: Please talk about your experience with the Mandola.

Ask and ye shall receive. Got this from the man hisownself. :)

Daniel
  3. Replies
    Views

Saw the Trials of Cato yesterday

They were excellent :)

Here's a taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mZ1kK2CB5Q

They got a very different audience in Cressing Temple Barns, almost as old as the barns themselves.
  4. Replies
    Views

Latest build electric mandolin

Finally finished the prototype and have played it so much my fingertips are bruised. Mahogany body, mahogany/maple/mahogany neck with persimmon fretboard and conventional trussrod. Tortoise celluloid...
  5. Thread: Musician Jokes

by Gunnar
    Replies
    Views

Re: Musician Jokes

Two banjo players decided to go fishing, so they went to the lake and rented a boat and some poles and went fishing. They moved around the lake some, and in one spot they both caught several large...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins "Opening Up"

I guess I shouldn't be surprised any more when someone new to the Cafe asks an honest question that you all think is old hat and rather than be kind to the guy, you turn into the worst kind of social...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins "Opening Up"

Great. If you're buying, I'd like double cheese and pepperoni.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Musician Jokes

So several years ago my band played a gig at a local church. After we had finished the folks started going downstairs for some coffee and cake. A woman came up to me and said "Those were some of the...
  9. Replies
    Views

This is not a brag...

...but I had to come share. I worked out a Sarah Jarosz break. It's from She Left Me Standing On The Mountain. I'm playing something that Sarah Jarosz played. Of course she recorded it when she was...
  10. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfSxIrs4jU
    Short explanation by Sierra, her reason for an electric
  11. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

Sure.
  12. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

Love that Jason Anick video. I play a similar beast made by the same luthier, Paul Lestock, but I only aspire to that level of musicianship.

Why I play emando...
    (15 years of gigging, recording,...
  13. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

The emando is a whole other set of tools for expression, and part of the great variety of mandolins in general in regards to shapes, build styles, woods, etc.

Beyond my acoustics (Rigel A and...
  14. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

Hey! I have a likely contentious opinion about your opinion! If you don't understand electric mandolins.... (wait for it)..... then don't get one! :grin: :mandosmiley:
  15. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

To play an electric guitar as a mandolin. Electric guitars are welcome in more places than mandolins might be, and you can sneak it in without people knowing they've been mandolined!
  16. Thread: New Strap!

by zakry3323
    Replies
    Views

New Strap!

It didn't take very long before my shoestring strap broke... luckily I caught my instrument before it fell.

I have quite a bit of 500lb paracord leftover from other projects, so I figured I'd...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone know what mandolin he’s playing?

It looks like my mando - Breedlove Quartz KF.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone know what mandolin he’s playing?

Hi OneChordTrick-

Looks like a Breedlove. Not sure what the model style is designated.

Bob
  19. Replies
    Views

I play a little guitar...

What if we called it what everyone else does?
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: I Don't Do Tab

Guitar player for 55 years, mandolin for 15. I didn't have tabs either when I first started, but I would never reject a method or technique which could increase my proficiency at my instrument. All...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Stand Recommendations

The other thing about the Hercules triple is that, with care, its possible to adjust one so that it will hold instruments of different sizes at the same time - e.g. guitar, GBOM and mandolin. As to...
  22. Replies
    Views

A short tune in GDGD tuning

I know I rarely post anything much despite my rather bad GAS habit. Frankly if it wasn't for the band I'd probably lose my mandolins and uke and concentrate only on tenor.

This is my Mcilroy...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: 12 String Mandolin

I am interested in purchasing an inexpensive 12 string mandolin. Can you lead me in the right direction.

From site administrator: Please post in the classifieds. The forum is a non-commerce zone.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Transcribing from sheet music to tab help

It looks like the problem may be solved but I would point out that TablEdit can read ABC files. Just cut and paste the ABC notation into a Notepad document, save it, rename it to show the ABC...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Transcribing from sheet music to tab help

No need for hard work: there's an online abc to tab converter here:
    https://www.mandolintab.net/abcconverter.php
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4