Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Mandolin "ripe" orange

I was playing along to this video and all of a sudden I just stopped, stared and listened...
    I cant get over how beautiful this is, Andrew Marlins voice has gotten so good.
    He was good before but...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: And the winner is...

My experience is that my life evolved so that playing music became part of the weave. I can't say as I gave up anything, but I must have right? Well ok yea, I pretty much gave up television. But that...
  3. Replies
    Views

Greensleeves

A very famous English folk tune, dating back to the sixteenth century, in my arrangement for classical guitar.
    http://www.chitarrarte.it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Prc4IGsGZQ
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Does style "bias" go in both directions?

This is strange: the way you're holding them side by side makes the F suddenly look pretentious, like a perfectly elegant shape ruined with unneccessary ulcerous bling. :whistling:
  5. Replies
    Views

Dueling Barkjos

And now for something completely different...

http://www.naxi.rs/najbolji-muzicari-medu-psima-video#.VWJCkCy9KK0
  6. Thread: Age of realization

by Ddd
    Replies
    Views

Age of realization

I've come to the realization that like most people I'll never make a dime playing the mandolin. I'll never play gigs and that I will never equal the ability of Sam Bush etc. I do not have a...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip. lose it and see how it affects you

This is why I've never tried heroin.......
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Like-New Eastman 305

May the Fourth (be with you).
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Roll Call: Budget Mandolins

Just met a nice guy yesterday who doesn't have much, on the edge of being homeless. He plays a '50's Harmony that he paid less than $100 for at a flea market. A lot of money for him and was all he...
  10. Replies
    Views

KM-150, KM-160 are great for the price and solid wood. I just got a Rover RM-50 which is equally good (owned by the same conglomerate as Kentucky, i.e. Saga.) The Rover sounds and plays as good as...
  11. Replies
    Views

Norwegian Wood for solo 10-string

My solo version recorded with ProTools for audio, imported to my point-and-shoot camera video. Mic blended with pickup, slight reverb, no EQ. Works well in key of D for me.

12. Replies
    Views

You are not alone, Roger. The Mandolin I have cost right at $100 (a J Reynolds). I have been thumping on it for a few years, and decided early this year to get serious about learning to play...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Player, Mandolinist, Mandolin Dude?

Am reminded of a story:

A guy saw me play one time and came up after the set:

Guy: Hey, I like your sound. Listen, I'm having a jam on Saturday at my place, why don't you stop by?
    Me: Sure....
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Player, Mandolinist, Mandolin Dude?

EL mandolin duderino - if you're not into that whole brevity thing.
  15. Replies
    Views

Going to California

I made this video a while ago with the goal of learning how to make a picture in picture video with a rhythm track and a melody track synched up. :mandosmiley: