Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. interesting short talk with L Dudenbostel from a News station

based on the oldest comment, this appears to be at least 5 years old, may be more-i don't know.

some interesting content, would love to hear a good interview of about an hour or more with Lynn,...
  2. Replies
    Views

Another Original Tune

A person on a recording website offered to master tracks for people. I sent him this track and he worked some magic on it. He has multiple Pultecs and other tube gear that really added some goodness...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Sitka vs. Red Spruce in mandolins

Some spruce sounds better than other spruce. The particular piece of wood has as much to do with that as the species.
    In other words, a good piece of Sitka will sound better than a mediocre piece...
  4. Re: Safe(-ish) stand/s for fiddle + mandolin?

Life sounds more exciting in the south of France!
  5. Thread: Micro Mixer

by foldedpath
    Replies
    Views

Re: Micro Mixer

I used the earlier version of the Allen & Heath ZEDi-10FX 10 for a few years, it's a great little compact analog mixer for small-scale gigs. Very good preamps. I think one difference with the...
  6. Thread: Micro Mixer

by pops1
    Replies
    Views

Re: Micro Mixer

You could get a stand alone phantom power unit. It may quiet the noise, if the phantom is better, the mic will work better.
  7. Replies
    Views

Myers Mic

I've used this mic for numerous gigs now and I'm ready to report! It works like a charm and is wonderfully realistic sounding. It has its own battery powered preamp that is not the strongest one...
  8. Thread: New music

by roberto
    Replies
    Views

New music

Hi amigos!
    I thought you may like to listen to some songs from our upcoming album.
    Traditional Spanish tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGACvT-1Ik&t

https://youtu.be/5Ct8nC8S0sg
  9. Re: Who thinks a Mandolin Cafe Patch would be a Good Idea?

I would hate for one of my mandolins to spring a leak and me without a patch. I probably ought to have several on hand "just in case."
  10. Replies
    Views

Setup, Setup, Setup!

Early last year I acquired two mandolins, a Collings MT, brand new from TME, and a lightly used black topped MTO from a Cafe member. Both have 1 3/16” nuts. They are dimensionally identical, but...
  11. Replies
    Views

Happy Anniversary Mandolin Cafe!

Scott-

Congratulations! You and the Mandolin Cafe team have created something really special, and valuable. I know I'm not alone in appreciating how much this means musically and socially. One of...
  12. Re: a suggestion for not mutin you mando with your belly

I finally managed to give up cheeseburgers but I still need help.

I’m actually concerned about fretboard cleanliness.
    -do you know of any products that will remove a five course meal?
  13. Re: a suggestion for not mutin you mando with your belly

Considering their relative densities, I’d be a lot more concerned about my liver than my belly.
    Better still why not just wear this, you could go to a session and wouldn’t even have to carry it....
  14. Replies
    Views

Randy Wood's Music shop

Been meaning to post about this for several days and keep getting side tracked.

I just spent a week + on Saint Simons Island on the southern coast of GA as a make-up vacation for our annual trip...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: new: Northfield neck rest!!!

Astro asked: “ Why do you want the body raised up at an angle? Wouldnt you want something soft under body a little too in order to make the entire length flat but still have the headstock off the...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Goat Rodeo Tiny (Home) Desk Concert

Chris tried to steal my old Gibson once....

https://i.imgur.com/CcQPB8b.jpg
  17. Replies
    Views

Online Lessons With Andy Statman?

I had a great talk with mandolin maestro Andy Statman last week and I suggested that he might think about offering online mandolin lessons during these challenging times.

His first response was...
  18. Replies
    Views

Bose S1-Pro Appreciation Thread...

I guess I've had mine about a year and a half. It holds a charge just fine, I leave it plugged in unless I NEED to use the battery power.

I use mine with an SM58 for vocals, and an SM57 for...
  19. Replies
    Views

New Octave Mandolin Day

I've wanted one of these for quite some time and couldn't stop thinking about one, and now that I sprung for it, thrilled at the playability, sound, workmanship. YMMV.

20. Replies
    Views

Re: No motivation

It is OK to take some time off.

Try some yard work or planting flowers. It is fun to watch stuff grow.....
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: No motivation

Sounds like it's time to learn a new genre. How about the blues? You've got the basis for lyrics right there in your post.:)

On a more serious note; we've all been there. I hope it passes for...
  22. Replies
    Views

No motivation

I’ve lost all motivation to practice or learn new tunes.
    No more jams due to the pandemic.
    The great 48 is now canceled. It was the greatest jam scene!
    All the festivals are cancelled.
    I don’t...
  23. Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

hello mandolin lovers....

so here is a fun tale of 2 mandolins, a happy coincidence and a new pal.

Most of the regulars here will know of Don Grieser, his frequent supportive comments on the...
  24. Fantastic David Grisman Quintet one mic recording

This is part of a series of recordings done with a one mic technique. This method produces very clean three dimensional recordings but requires impeccable musicianship. There is no repairing a...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: jams with friends during covid

I'm in California and we're in an up-surge all over the state right now... From what I've been reading, everyone is exposed, the differences are in the dosage (or, the density) of the virus and in...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4