Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Dan Tyminski Tony Rice tribute EP

Thanks Matt for recommending this. Directly went to Dan's website and ordered the t-shirt/CD combo. Great album.
  2. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

Drew, I couldn't agree with you more. This is high level music, and Michael is so on point. In that Round Rock video you see Bryan Sutton look over at him in what looks to me like awe. I know I...
  3. Found some autographed Bluegrass vinyl at my local store today!

Just thought I'd share this really cool find at my local music store here in Charleston (Monster Music). All of the Osbourne Brothers band members and also Bill Monroe! What a cool find!
  4. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

Just a few edits based on the liner notes:

1. Vertigo (feat. Sam Bush)
    2. The Old North Woods (feat. Dominick Leslie)
    3. Slippery Eel (feat. Chris Thile)
    4. Hug Point (feat. Sierra Hull)
  5. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

From the CD, here are the musicians (I apologize if the pic gets turned around):
  6. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

That was a great interview Reid. She is such a monster musician. I mean just mind-blowingly good. Thanks for posting that. The NPR interview was interesting too with Bela, they spoke of Bela...
  7. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

Thanks for this Chris! I was reading the liner notes over lunch today. This will be a great deep dive into this. I agree, I won't be playing along any time soon, but it is fantastic to listen to. ...
  8. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

Round Rock is on the album, track #7. Great song as well! Sierra Hull on the mandolin! For anyone reading this, here is the Youtube:

https://youtu.be/WWyX-SixOSk

https://youtu.be/WWyX-SixOSk
  9. New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

Anyone listening to this yet? David Grisman,Chris Thile, Sam Bush, Sierra Hull all play mandolin on different tracks. Strong album. Highly recommended. I really like Slippery Eel right now.
  10. Re: Installing a K&K in OM - Question about location of endpin ja

I didn't get around to doing it this past weekend, but plan on tackling this project this coming one. I ended up buying #42 (the answer to life, the universe, and everything else) directly from Mike...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Thile's personal luthier

I just got my copy of Chris' latest album "Laysongs", and in the liner notes it says "Chris' mandolin is set up by Tom Crandall." I do not know this Tom Crandall, but what timely information!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Choro listening recommendations

Dan,

Over at David Grisman's Acoustic Disc he has a great choro album by Jacob do Bandolim:

https://acousticdisc.com/product/jacob-do-bandolim-mandolin-master-of-brazil-vol-1-download/

Real...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Henry New Monroe Improvisation Course

Thanks for the heads up! I purchased this as well. Excited to dive into it. I have recently rewatched the Sam Bush Homespun video on Monroe as well as Ronnie McCourry's DVD as well and completely...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Morris A5

Wow! That is nice looking! I really like the binding color. All that flame on the back! Nice, nice! Play the strings off of it!
  15. Replies
    Views

I do adore the Pava. Let's see your Morris! I like looking at mandolins just about as much as I like playing them!
  16. Replies
    Views

We need pictures! I just recently got a Pava, and it dethroned my Weber as my daily player!
  17. Replies
    Views

Quarantine MAS most likely resolved!

So I just got the 2nd half of my "quarantine" MAS this afternoon. I sold a couple of mandolins at the beginning of the lock down and have been really soul searching for what I want to have to play...
  18. Delfest 2020 at Home schedule announced with free streaming!

Saw this on Twitter. Starts tomorrow (5/21).

https://twitter.com/DelFest/status/1263112105810485248
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Charleston SC Bluegrass Festival 2020

Got an email today saying it had been rescheduled to August 21 and 22. Anybody who has been down here in August knows that will be a hot, hot time. I hope they can keep some of the lineup. We'll...
  20. Replies
    Views

Just got a postponement email from the event. Didn't offer a refund as of yet.
  21. Replies
    Views

Awesome! I live about 5 miles from this festival, so it's a must do for me. I've never seen Del and the Boys live, so I'm really excited. I'll be on the lookout for you!
  22. Replies
    Views

Bill,

I have tickets for Friday and Saturday. Bring your mando and we'll pick a few! I'll have a bright yellow Crossrock mando case with me in the general admission area somewhere!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MTO

I just ordered that Flatiron from FG. Been eyeing it for a while. Should be here Thursday!
  24. Re: Sierra Hull interview on Walls of Time Podcast

https://play.google.com/music/m/Dotf7p6mdxybmo7nhklab2eblae?t=S1_E6_Sierra_Hull_From_Fan_to_Icon_-_Walls_of_Time_Bluegrass_Podcast5
  25. Sierra Hull interview on Walls of Time Podcast

All,

Just listened to a great podcast featuring Sierra Hull for about an hour. The podcast name is "Walls of Time". Highly recommended to get to know this great player and person. I'm just a...
Page 1 of 2 1 2