Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: K&K pick up and Baggs Venue DI Help

The gain knob is for input gain into the venue. Set it below the red light clipping.

When using the 1/4" output, the output volume is controlled by the volume knob.

When using the balanced xlr...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Grammy Mandolin Siting

3. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap locks.

I use rubber washers on all of my instruments. They are inexpensive, work great, and you can get them at the hardware store too.

https://www.amazon.com/Ebony-Black-Rubber-Guitar-Strap/dp/B00Q1UYC52
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Memorizing the neck

In addition to the mandolin I play the dobro and took a class with Billy Cardine called "How to Memorize the Neck".

Start by using the circle of fourths as your guide. B E A D G C F Bb Eb...
  5. Re: Grace Design Felix - internal settings and piezo maximization

If you have a mixer at home that has Pre Fader Listen capability you can hook up your output of the Grace to a channel and solo it over to the meter. This is great for setting your output level and...
  6. Re: Grace Design Felix - internal settings and piezo maximization

I use a K&K pickup on my mandolin in channel one and have it set at 1M input impedance as a result of trying all three settings and not noticing a difference between 1M and 10M. Channel two is fed by...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Show your Mando "Gig Rig"!

I also went with the Grace Felix after trying many other options and my mandolin with a K&K twin sounds great. I use the second channel for my dobro and I have it set to A-B so that the unused...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Wireless System Nux B-2

Used it at last nights gig and had no issues. Cannot tell the difference between using a cable and this unit, and after having it on for over 3 hours the battery indicator was at 75%.

During...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Grisman's New Trio

Saw the trio at Four Corners Festival in Pagosa Springs, CO on Sunday night and it was mighty fine!

Didn't know anything about Danny Barnes but I am now a fan. What a great show.

I have seen...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Grace Felix:

Give Grace support a call. They are really helpful in getting your unit configuration correct.
  11. Thread: Hilburn #66

by mandowilli
    Replies
    Views

Re: Hilburn #66

Bring it to Geo's
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Acoustic pickup comparisons?

As to the placement of the transducers I placed them as suggested in the instructions that were included, in my case the K&K, and have had very good results.

I also have had success using a mic in...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Need more dog songs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZBhDF5SIPg
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Triple Mandolin Stands?

I have several mandolins and they all fit well in the neck clamp.

This picture might help. The height is set at the lowest in can be without the dobro hitting the leg and as you can see the...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Pay Pal Friends and Family

From the Paypal user agreement:

You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: MXR six-band versus ten-band EQ pedals

The MXR didn’t do it for me. If you really want control over specific frequencies try this.
    And using it in the effects loop of a good preamp is preferable.
  17. Re: Met a fellow mandolin player in the woods.

Caleb,

That was me! It was nice meeting you and chatting and a shame we didn't get to pick a little bit too. I had just come from the Oklahoma bluegrass festival up in Guthrie and was heading...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Point of measuring on compensated bridge.

I often wondered about the intonation problems that I could plainly hear on the mandolin and also adjusted tuning to just get by. Then I started playing the dobro and took some lessons with Billy...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: MONO gigbags?

David,

I purchased a mono classical guitar gig bag for my Schoonover dobro and it is without a doubt the most thought out and well constructed gig bag that I have ever seen. Lots of storage and...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Fishman Loudbox by itself or into a board?

Run it to the mixing board. It is only one xlr cable and the capability will be there if you need it.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Boomer Bust?

Wow! I though for a minute that I was on the Mandolin Cafe. :whistling:
  22. Thread: Retirement

by mandowilli
    Replies
    Views

Re: Retirement

I was fortunate enough to retire 10 years ago at age 52 and I must say that I have never been busier. Music is the central focus of my life now and I love it.

The greatest thing about being...
  23. Re: Is there such a thing as a "Mandolin Culture?"

I have no idea what you people are talking about.
  24. Re: "What kind of music do you play?" and other pet peeves

A simple inquiry being a "pet peeve" says more about the questioned than it does the questioner.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: The search continues...

Pick noise on the Florida extension.

Send it back.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3