Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Songs for a wedding

You and I were meant to be together, by the Statler brothers.My Only Love is the title of this song.
  2. Thread: Arthritis?

by choctaw61
    Replies
    Views

Re: Arthritis?

Welcome to the forum Don.Play the mandolin! Just don't over do it.Three years ago today I totaled out my Harley and me.Two years nearly getting up walking over 15-20 ft.Bought a cheap mandolin for...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: One of our songs and a bit of old timey!

Well done! I like it,I like it.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Easter Meditation: It Is Well With My Soul

Very Nice! Thank U for sharing. May it be so with all men!
  5. Thread: New Band

by choctaw61
    Replies
    Views

Re: New Band

That's some good music there journeybear. Bout time You showed up around here again. Sure been missing your presence,and glad all is well.Will see if we can tune Y'all in this evening.Have a good one...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar LM-590 Sound

Lol kinda like is Winnfield where they have the catfish festival.
  7. Re: You can help me again, and this time it's FREE!

Added my vote. I'm sorry i had not even seen this thread till just now. Good luck!
  8. Re: Gellie F-5 in the white in pics and sound bites

Really nice job Nic. I'm probably alone in this,but I love the look of a mandolin in the white like that.If I had the funds to have one built .That's how i would want it.Congrat.'s
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin tattoos

Very nicely done Scott.I'm as passionate about tattoos as these gibson folks are about their mandolins.That's one of the best tat's on this thread. That's about as perfect as it gets.Nothing amatuer...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: How have I not seen this?

Wow! That was great. Thanks for posting.I would call this a must see!
  11. Thread: Free Picks

by choctaw61
    Replies
    Views

Re: Free Picks

Yep.very nice of U Mark.I'm not needing any picks Either.But I'm sure it is helpful to others. Nice to see such kindness.Sometimes small blessings go unmentioned or unnoticed.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Down In The Flood

Hey Mark man this rain has been something else lately.Hate the water got in Ur house,but U all are ok,and it didn't destroy Ur instruments.Here in Louisiana two of my neighbors lost everything back...
  13. Thread: Intonation

by choctaw61
    Replies
    Views

Re: Intonation

I had the same problem with a very inexpensive mandolin that i bought my son.The bridge leaned between 10-12 degrees once strings were tightened.I got Rob's ebook.How to set up ur mandolin, here(An...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: You Could Poke an Eye Out with That Thing!

That's what i call playing the scroll out of it!
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber plays China!

Indeed,Well done! Lovely piece U chose.That's music that just seems to speak.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Ethics of filming amateur musicicans

U should have stopped the filming immediately if it was a problem.Instead when U thought the music was good U didn't say a word U allowed the filming to continue,till U thought folks were messing...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: help me to Buy a mandolin

The loar,and breedlove get good reviews here.what style of music do U wish to study. That would help in which to consider.Also what price range are U considering.Hopefully U are in an area with a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: How long do unused strings keep?

Hey Mr.Allen don't forget the Bowed Psaltery! Man I've had jobs that wasn't that rough.I dread changing strings on mine all 37.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Suggestions for Lefty Mando, around ~1000.

Motomatto.There are mandolins for Lefty's out there. Several luthiers build them.Eastman makes Lefty's Audey Ratliff is a left hand luthier builds the A style for about 1500. If U want to play righty...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: New Eleanor Plunkett Music Video

My goodness!! That's just a blessing to the heart to listen to. So beautiful.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Culpeper Music Center

Man that's a great story to hear Flatrock! Gotta love those kinda places.Welcome U to sit in and jam rather than show U the door going out.Sounds like a great place to visit.Thanks for sharing!
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD this Friday

That's a beauty! Congrats.
  23. Re: Persimmon (American ebony) fret boards and bridges

Hey Marty,I bet it didn't take but once for those boy's to figure out,don't eat the green one's. lol. I've wondered about the use of certain native species of wood and instruments that aren't...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Budget Brands - Under $800 F Style

Well elmicko there u have it.I also bought a washburn when I bought my mandolin.dirty word for most here. I could have easily ordered a $15000 dollar mandolin at the time and not empty my account.but...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Interest in beginners mandolin

Hey kylie go for it. I bought my mandolin a yr ago. I'm 54 it's been more therapy than anything other than FUN.I highly recommend taking some lessons. I think u will learn and advance quicker. I have...
Page 1 of 2 1 2