Search:

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

I could not be happier with mine...the tone, craftsmanship, finish, playability, beauty, historic case, etc. are all outstanding. It's a 100% American-made original heirloom with David Harvey's...
  2. Replies
    Views

Yes. Steve Gilchrist & Paul Duff are some stiff competition!
  3. Replies
    Views

Purely from theoretical side I agree, but you cannot control all the tiny details from manager seat or spec'ing them exactly to whoever is at the bench and the result is always sum of those tiny...
  4. Re: Best way to test preamp sounds at home?

Everyone else seemed to understand my question just fine. You can save your rude responses for someone else. I am not talking about contact mics or SM57s or I would have asked about microphones. If...
  5. Replies
    Views

For anyone wishing to delve a bit deeper into this subject with some very experienced opinions we'd offer these two discussions, particularly this thread with Dan Beimborn's post and a similar thread...
  6. Replies
    Views

how i would answer the question, if you like the tone of the Dave Harvey builds(i do) and you play the flat fretboards with the small frets with no issue, you will not be disappointed.

i've had a...
  7. Replies
    Views

I agree . . . I just saw this 1929 being talked about over on a FB group. This top is exactly what I like to see & one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. He said it was completely original.

8. Replies
    Views

Too red.....
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Darryl Wolfe selling off stuff

Plus the conversion was done by Bill Halsey, top notch expert on Gibson mandolins. Not to mention a world class violin family bow maker and all around nice guy.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Gibson mandola nerdfest

One more teaser:
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Gibson mandola nerdfest

I'd put both of them circa 1916 - 1917. They already moved on and some other 100 year old beauties have taken their place.

'Gotta say, it has been an incredible ride the last six weeks. I've...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Two Stellar Northfields At Dusty Strings

Maybe it’s time to lay off going into every thread that contains the word Northfield and questioning or pointing out where they are made and what tier they are in as you seem ignorant on the issue....
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: This Baby's Got Back!

My favorite back is on my Girouard Oval. Love the look of quilted maple!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Wide Nut Fever?

Well... if it weren't for the YouTube trend, I wouldn't be able to check out his shredding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYnADnzCO80
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Top Current Makers

I have been a reader of this forum since I started playing mandolin in 2007. Between then and now, I have never felt the need to post anything here. Instead, I have always been content to read what...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Beato Interviews Bela!

No problem, knew who you meant.
  17. Replies
    Views

Ditto what Jim said, and I've heard John's mandolins start at $45K and over, and that's only if you want to pay that up front to get one built, and that's been several years. I'd guess it's more than...
  18. Replies
    Views

I've owned two Monteleones, and John told me at the Artisan Guitar Show a few years back that it doesn't take that much more time to make an archtop guitar than a mandolin, and since his archtops...
  19. Replies
    Views

_xNR2VHOzcY
  20. Replies
    Views

Awesome heads up! I’ll be sure to look for that. I always enjoy Beato’s channel, especially the interviews. I know Bela will be an interesting and informative one.

BTW, I like what you did there...
  21. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

It's really great to finally get to see the shop in China! Thank you Adrian for sharing!
    Great instruments being built by real folks who obviously care and are putting real heart and soul into their...
  22. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

Here is a single photo and 5 videos directly from Adrian showing their Qingdao, China Workshop now that you've seen some of the facilities in Marshall, Michigan.

23. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

Northfield is making far more than a handful of instruments in Marshall. Every mandolin finished in their Qingdao shop has had some work performed by the Marshall team, whether on the front end or...
  24. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

It is not clear you understand many of their instruments are built in Marshall, Michigan, all of which has been explained in the posts on this thread. The batch of 100 Calhouns that went out awehile...
  25. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

There was a Big Mon F in the downtown showroom and it was quite nice, a true bluegrass kind of sound to my opinion. To answer if some were being built, not 100% sure about an A version. Don't think...
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4