Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Handing out some 30-year-old Grisman picks

Thank you Brian. I had one of these picks many years ago and it was a favorite. It feels good to play with one again, and it helped make sense of my pick choices I've made since. Really appreciate...
  2. Re: Handing out some 30-year-old Grisman picks

Received, thanks! Sounds good.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Handing out some 30-year-old Grisman picks

Got mine today (Monday). Thank you Brian!!! Nice commemorative stamp, too. ;-)
  4. Replies
    Views

I also received the pick and it is great. Thank you, Brian!
  5. Replies
    Views

I received the pick today. I felt obliged to play Cedar Hill with it to start out. Thank you very much Brian!
  6. Replies
    Views

My pick was in the mailbox this afternoon. Many thanks, Brian. Very kind.
  7. Replies
    Views

Got my pick today, Thanks again, Brian!

I pulled out the Strad-O-Lin right away and took it for a test drive. Interesting pick. I've been using rounder ones lately, so I'll be spending some time...
  8. Replies
    Views

Like Bob, I appreciate the gesture. However, I am not one that could benefit from a vintage Dawg pick!

All the better for those of you that can. :)
  9. Replies
    Views

No I don't use that style pick, but I'd like to say thanks for the kind gesture. One of the reasons this mandolin community is so special.
  10. Re: Handing out some 30-year-old Grisman picks

They have been my favorite pick for 40 plus years though I can't seem to make them move as well now-a-days.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: High marks for Schaller GrandTunes

Oliver posted this the other day, and it seemed relevant to this discussion. This happens to be my new Apitius Rosine Loar Spec, and I requested the gallalith ivoroid buttons on the Grandtunes...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Any jams in southern Vermont?

There's a Wednesday evening jam at The Filling Station in White River Junction, great atmosphere, friendly folks, all levels are welcome and encouraged to participate. Check their web site to be sure...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Any jams in southern Vermont?

Hi Brian, nice to meet you! The jam landscape in Vermont is just reformulating now after a year of Covid dormancy. All the jams I know about are quite far north of you. You might have just as much...
  14. Replies
    Views

My mate Rab swears by them.
    He wrote to Schaller requesting some tuner bits and pieces for a restoration he was doing and they were very helpful.
  15. Replies
    Views

I agree. I just installed Schallers on my Red Diamond. They are smoother than the Waverly's I had on for a little bit. I ordered directly from Schaller in Germany and received them in just a couple...
  16. Replies
    Views

Yes. I have a set I put on my Eastman mandocello to replace the ugly (but functional) OEM tuners. All the metal hardware on the 'cello was gold (except the tuners) and they had pearloid buttons...
  17. Replies
    Views

Thanks for posting your review. Especially like Pokey.
  18. Re: Aaron Weinstein's New Apitius yorkville mandolin

Here's another video of Aaron playing his Yorkville we just posted on social media:

p/CNNOu3mlB6S
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Can anyone ID these tuners, please.

The GA tuners which came on my GBOM were easy to sort. I simply took them off and threw them in the bin. Keith Robson made me a great replacement set but I don’t think he produces mandolin tuners...
  20. Replies
    Views

You might try backing out the cog screws a bit. See if it frees them up.
  21. Replies
    Views

A while back, if I recall, there were complaints about these and they were replaced by Stewmac. I have no idea if these are part of that batch. I seriously doubt there would be any way to know but...
  22. Replies
    Views

Yep, these: https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardware/tuning-machines/mandolin-tuning-machines/golden-age-f-style-mandolin-tuners.html

You can see the imprint of the originals on yours which...
  23. George Gershwin Lullaby for Strings 1919, mandolin & mandocello

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCokrMvmMkg&feature=share
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

George Gershwin, 1919, Lullaby for Strings, mandocello and mandolins, Harmon Gladding. ...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Intonation compensated saddle question

I am eager to hear what the experts have to say on this. It might be useful to post a close up photo of the bridge looking from above. How is the intonation on your D string?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4