Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Pick help

by wxfloyd
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pick help

One thing you make sure of, is don't strike the pick against the strings with the pick flat, or parallel to the strings. You want to be holding the pick at a bit of a forward angle. At least that's...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: How to hold the pick

Mike Marshall's method of the pick hold seems like a somewhat looser interpretation of what Chris Thile preaches in this video. I typically use a hold somewhere between what Chris teaches and what...
  3. Thread: Northfield

by wxfloyd
    Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield

I'm curious to hear thoughts from those who own, or have at least tried, the Model M A-style they're building in their Michigan workshop. From the few comments I've been able to find, people seem to...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Case for my Eastman 515

Are you saying the case shuts and latches, but doesn't fully close in some areas (indicating maybe warping or deformation of the case itself)? Or does it seem like the mandolin doesn't fit correctly...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Word of thanks- Andrew Buckner

Andrew,
    I just recently watched some of your clips on Instagram, and really dig your playing and the Northfield Model M. Quick question regarding the size of the Model M. From photos I've seen, it...
  6. Replies
    Views

Wegen Picks at Strings and Beyond

Just a heads up if anyone has been on the fence about buying some Wegen picks, Strings and Beyond (a Cafe sponsor) currently has a 15% off coupon for all accessories. I just picked up a two-pack of...