Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Roland White death?

I'm so sad Roland White is gone from this world. My mandolin playing and my relationship with my audience and "the world" might have been poorer were it not for Roland He was the first person I...
  2. Replies
    Views

The Waltz You Saved For Me

I had to clear my head from that banjo-mandolin:grin:. Thanks for Listen'n:mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA41nQ3sAHM
  3. Re: "This mandolin was intact until my son sat on it"

Proof that not being played the mandolin should be in its case, not laying down on the sofa.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Paypal poliicy question

You asked a similar question in another thread. Not to be redundant, but others may not have read that so here's the same answer repeated, and it applies here as well. We can think of a lot more...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: No pickguard finish scratches

Some folks are gonna hate this, but I feel compelled to point out the obvious. The very best way to prevent scratches on the finish of the top is to use a pickguard on your mandolin. That's its...
  6. Re: What's the diff between Northfield NF5S and F5 models?

The northfield's are put in four categories these days.

NF5S is the basic model, and has binding only on the top, with a laquer finish.
    They are great mandolins, and just have a bit less bling...
  7. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

I recall Martin going in a diametrically opposite direction in supporting Dick Boak and others in forming the Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans (ASIA). At the first symposium held in 1988...
  8. Thread: Watson's Blues

by TEvans
    Replies
    Views

Watson's Blues

Was having a little bit of fun with my buddy's Waterloo, decided to record a little take through this tune on a zoom mobile recorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOlczyDoQJ8&feature=youtu.be
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Hal Blaine - RIP

Wow, I knew he was prolific but wow!

'Blaine was one of the most recorded studio drummers in the history of the music industry, claiming over 35,000 sessions and 6,000 singles. His drumming is...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: R.I.P. Mac Wiseman

Except for maybe Jesse McReynolds they are all second generation bluegrassers. Sonny started with Bill Monroe when Sonny was 14 (about 7 years after BM hired Earl Scruggs), the same age J.D.Crowe...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Buyer does not cover PayPal fees

The notion that PayPal wants my credit card # and settle potential disputes their way doesn't suit me at all. i simply don't buy anything when a seller insists on PayPal. Besides, i would rather...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Column: Where is Bluegrass Headed?

I think this is a discussion that will never get a true answer to it...I remember the first time I heard the song "someone killed country music down on Music Row" by Larry Cordell put everything into...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: In The Family Genes?

Actually aptitudes are inherited, skills are learned with the help of aptitudes.

My paternal grandpa played mandolin and I remember drooling over his old Gibson A.

My maternal grandma played...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Column: Where is Bluegrass Headed?

Mr. Albert, That is just my point, what is the last bluegrass song that you heard that became a classic? I can`t think of anything after "Fox On The Run" or "Rockytop"...But there at hundreds of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Public Domain

Ascap and BMI leave the biker bars and mafia owned clubs alone. They will bully the grannies, but are scared of people who will shove them into an oil drum or woodchippper, or dump them down an...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: 21 years, boys, is a mighty long time...

Duffey was like two different people when he was off of the stage or around other bluegrassers at festivals etc...I bowled in the same bowling alley with John and that's really how I noticed how...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A2 1918

Any slight recurving of the top induced by humidification, could obviously be reversed by subsequent drying. A fairly extensive reconstruction of the top would be needed, or forcing the top into a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Makers getting Top Dollar

As an outsider (from being able to afford this price group) I'd observe that there are a lot of important names that are "on the bubble", plus there are questions about actual price verification with...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Jesse McReynolds

Allen, That's just about the way it was with Charlie Waller, he still had the great timing but needed help remembering the words, I guess I was just about one of his biggest fans....I loved...
  20. Re: "What Did Bill Monroe Invent?"-- from another forum

Well, here's a "forgettable" Black Mountain Rag:

Z7yu4jq9FVc

We can all judge for ourselves (or forget to do so).

Not too bad a mandolinist, either:

f-LE_5oS_qY
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Prices dropping on high end mandolins?

Maybe the world is running short of old white guys. What a calamity.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: The Jam is Dead, Long Live the Jam

Um......again just an amateur on this s(Duff)....,,but
    Years ago we(myself and the talented Fatman, aka Travis Barner) had amassed quite a following at our normal gig on Sunday night in our little...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: How are the KM-900s coming?

Our own Don Grieser:

X_IIbmgdruA