Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Bussman passes

It is with my saddest heart to announce the passing of my good friend of 37 years Bill Bussman. So many around the world knew him through his luthier talents with Old Wave Mandolins. I know this from...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacement for TI 154Ms

For fully flat-wound you could try the Dogal red tag flat-wound , or if you want a bit more oomph, you could try the flat topped Dogal HR136 set in 'forte', I had some of the mediums on a bowlback...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacement for TI 154Ms

The JM-11s disappeared several years ago. I’m not aware of anything other than the TIs but a few people who used to use the JM-11s on National RM mandolins seem to be using the d’Addario “Flat Tops”.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Post A picture of your favorite "A" model

I have only played one and it is the one I own so I would have to say it is my favorite.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: 17 year old wins Walnut Valley Bluegrass

Sounds like Django playing the mandoln. Certainly one the most influential musicians to ever breathe.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Ethan Setiawan on Prarie Home Companion

Hi Phil,

As I'm in the Boston area, I won't be able to see the concert, but I once jammed with Ethan while he was in Boston doing a music program at Berklee. What a talented musician, with a...
  7. Thread: Oldwave #312

by Teak
    Replies
    Views

Re: Oldwave #312

Learn jazz chords and the mandolin would work pretty well backing up a saxophone. I'm taking Matt Flinner's online Swing and Jazz Mandolin class and quite surprised how quickly he got us up to speed...
  8. Thread: Oldwave #312

by fatt-dad
    Replies
    Views

beautiful!

f-d
  9. Re: 17 year old wins Walnut Valley Bluegrass

Ethan has developed tremendously over the last few years. He is a monster picker for sure.
  10. Replies
    Views

Jeff Midkiff "From the Blueridge"

My wife & I attended the Symphony of Southeast Texas this evening and saw and heard Jeff Midkiff perform his "From the Blue Ridge" his Mandolin concerto in 3 parts.
    Our local symphony is never...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Winfield 2014

Congratulations to Ethan and all the competitors! Lots of good players out there......
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Winfield 2014

Congratulations to everyone who entered. A bonus star to the winners. Way to go Ethan.

Tom
  13. Re: Post a video/soundclip of yourself playing Jazz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIqmrt163LI

Me and Don Stiernberg playing 4 Brothers. Don's been my teacher for the past year and these are the fruits of my labors.
  14. Replies
    Views

There should be some kind of law that everyone own at least one Old Wave. The world would be a better place.

Larry
  15. Replies
    Views

Beautiful!
    I love the color!
  16. Replies
    Views

I'll play it for you if you'd like.
  17. Replies
    Views

I thought my love affair with oval hole mandolin is over until I saw these pictures.... how could you do this to me? :)

Beautiful and a great color top as Jamie had said.
  18. Thread: Oldwave #312

by JEStanek
    Replies
    Views

Love that top color.

Jamie
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Mandolin Cafe

Thanks.

The Mandolin Cafe actually launched November 18, 1995 under this name but at the time having a custom domain name seemed unnecessary. To my knowledge there was only one other mandolin web...