Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

Hi - I just did a quick check on the interwebs….one of the vendors advertised on the Café - Elderly Instruments - offers a bowl back mandolin case that (depending on your instrument's dimensions)...
  2. Re: Anybody from North Kakalacky (North Carolina)

Greetings from the City Of The Big Chair (aka Thomasville)! Not "from" here but have lived here long enough to call it home :)
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Unknown Antique Mandolin

FWIW...I think that the wood used...esp. as shown in pic #5...is really pretty. Not sure about the value, but it's a great art piece in my opinion...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Save or sell old piano? (Some mando content)

Hi JL277z

To answer your questions...

1) Yes. They are essentially a regular piano that has been fitted with a mechanism of some sort to play the keys. Older ones used vacuum and a large...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Save or sell old piano? (Some mando content)

Hi Drew

Just my two cents...

Restoration of old player pianos is nothing short of a labor of love. A close family friend rebuilt / restored two of them...one an upright Steinway and one a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Cat smell in a mandolin case

Definitely give the Nature's Miracle a try. I've used it for years and have not found anything on the market that works quite as well on critter (and people) accidents.

Regarding the baking...
  7. Re: Music stores mid-south Va through northern NC

Hi Mee

Griffin's Guitars in Salsbury had a couple of older Gibsons the last time I was there (around Thanksgiving 2017). I know that Jackson's Music in Winston-Salem usually has an Eastman or...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: 23' Loar at Norman's Rare Guitars

I was at Lowe Vintage today....that '23 Loar is a thing of beauty!

http://www.lowevintage.com/products.php?id=105
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Used Mando smells like men's cologne

When I bought my Weber it had spent a lot of time around cigarette smoke. How I got rid of the odor was this:

1) Wiped down all surfaces with a barely damp microfiber cloth. This got off all of...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Humidity control

I live in The South where we get really humid in the summer and in the winter we have the opposite problem when the heat kicks on.

I bought a dehumidifier from my local big box home fix-it...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Hey jman72...my husband's dad and stepmom and their ggrandchild are in Deland...we're watching it closely...will add you to our thoughts and prayers. Stay safe!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for $3,000~ F style

That's more than likely a spruce top....I have a 2006 Weber Bitterroot in that same color. The back is also the same as mine, which is mahogany. I love mine!! :mandosmiley::grin:
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: dark side of the moon

FYI I messaged the gentleman who put this together, and he said that their CD will be available on Amazon soon. Am looking forward to it :grin:
  14. Thread: RIP Lemmy.

by TC-in-NC
    Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Lemmy.

The world has lost a legend. But....can you imagine the party going on in the afterlife right now? :grin: :mandosmiley:

The Chorus of Angels just got a new voice....and it is epic.....
  15. Re: Mandolin Shopping In Nashville...Suggestions Please

Hi Mike

I'm sure you will receive a bunch of suggestions for stores to visit....there are a LOT of them in Nashville!

As far as places to stay, if you don't want/need to be right in the heart...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Bitterroot F

I want to start by saying THANK YOU for all of the feedback!!

I was able to get the price down to $2200 out the door (including tax), and feel that I got a good deal. I am super happy with the...
  17. Thread: Thank You!

by TC-in-NC
    Replies
    Views

Thank You!

Hi - just wanted to take a moment to say "thank you" to all of the posters here at the Café. I've been playing/taking lessons for a little over a year, and still consider myself to be pretty new to...