Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Rubner Tuner availability?

Here is an update on the New Rubner RMp F Style mandolin;

Rubner has had many delays getting everything together for release. Mainly due to the spring fire. The portion of the production area...
  2. Replies
    Views

Northfield love

I have to stop taking trips to Nashville and trips to Carter’s - it is getting dangerous and expensive. Yesterday’s visit resulted in me taking home a brand new Northfield F5S. I was sitting up in...
  3. Replies
    Views

Calton case tip over fix

I recently came into possession of a used Calton mandolin case..an early copy from Austin Texas... Seemed to have an issue that i'm told was later fixed ..
    It would tip over like this when you...
  4. Re: How to choose a good F style mandolin when you are miles from

Just buy a Northfield NF F5S... the best F5 style mandolin for the buck out there... seriously.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New case option

I ordered the Pro Rockgear mandolin case Thursday night and it arrived Tuesday. Shipping was $15 and the case was $50. I bought it to house a Kentucky that was in a gig bag. I was always nervous it...
  6. Re: Name this tune Emory Lester is playing...

Thank you administrator!......it is indeed 'Forever True', which is a song I wrote back in 1993, and has been recorded on my old 'Emory Lester Set' album, and another version of it on an album I did...
  7. Re: Name this tune Emory Lester is playing...

It's "Forever True," one of his older original compositions. So says the composer.
  8. Replies
    Views

The end of my playing days.

Hi all - It's not nice to have to post this,but i've been diagnosed with a strong possibility of having lung cancer. As a life long non-smoker,that's pretty ironic.
    It's not 100% certain yet,as i...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Namm 2019

Info from Adrian on the new mandolin. I don't state things like this lightly, and you shouldn't listen to me because it's obvious I have a long-term relationship with Northfield both as a friend and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: "New" Gibson Company: No More Mandolins?

Hello fellow mandolin enthusiast,

Please rest assured that we are still producing Gibson mandolins on a daily basis and are very excited about what the future holds for Gibson with the new...
  11. Thread: Calton Case Fit

by AlanN
    Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Case Fit

Mandobar is correct. We are all diff and have specific case needs/desires/wants. All cases have their + and - characteristics. Mark Leaf cases are close to the ideal, except the weight is an issue...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New Northfield Case Is A Winner!

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the encouragement and all the interest in our new cases. We’re still about 2 weeks out from having them ready for distribution in the USA. A little later than we...
  13. Replies
    Views

My Northfield Artist Model, “Old Dog”

Hey all,

I recently received a Northfield Artist Series, and it is a beast.
    I love this thing, and just wanted to share a bit about it to those who are interested in hearing about Northfields.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New Gilchrists land at Carter Vintage Guitars

Thank you Don. OMG, it's an X-braced monster!
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: New Gilchrists land at Carter Vintage Guitars

F5 Jr.
  16. Re: New Gilchrists land at Carter Vintage Guitars

17. Re: New Gilchrists land at Carter Vintage Guitars

18. Replies
    Views

Re: Cross picking in Bb position

3-0-1 for a full major tonality
    1-0-3 for a dom 7, with an added 9
    0-0-1 for a 6th sound
    0-1-1 for the 4 chord
    2-1-3 for the 5 chord

those are just a few
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Crosspicking

Hey Bill, although I was a pinky planter when I first started crosspicking, I've never used the circular index/thumb movement that Jesse uses. My pick grip has always been stationary with motion...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Whats up with Mandos?

To me, mandolins at Gruhn's never seem to sound spectacular, but most do at Carter's. So IS it the room?
  21. Re: Video: "Chris Thile Gauge" G Strings On The J75 Set

Consumer demand was the reason we created this set. The only way to get those gauges previously was to buy a set of EXP74 and a set of EXP75 and combine them, or try to find a store that carried EXP...