Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: lamps

by snakehead_a2z
    Replies
    Views

Re: lamps

Great stuff! Another lamp maker!

I make lamps from all sorts of found objects. Musical instruments I’ve used include a guitar neck, a fiddle, a clarinet and a ukulele body.
    https://billpaine.com...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Keeping up with the Fiddlers

For me, playing a tune fast is to find the ways that allow you to reduce your effort to just what is required to get there, and no more. As has been mentioned, it is possible to work too hard, and it...
  3. Re: Hughes & Kettner Era-1 acoustic amp?

I’ve been very happy with my Fishman loudbox artist. Been using it for 10-15 years now
  4. Re: Source/Size Rubber Silicone Washer to Keep Strap on End Pin J

This is the simplest solution I’ve found for keeping straps on endpin jacks.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Sampler #1 is on its way to TX2AK.

My favorites, in no particular order are:
    -an unmarked D’Andrea, with a tortoise pattern, 1.00 or 1.25, in small tin #3
    -primetone triangle, unmarked and...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

I received sampler #2 a few days ago, and have been playing with them. Turns out I had gotten #2 a while ago - long enough ago that I thought I had #1. I recognized my labeling of the ziplock bags,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: CMC Thumb joint arthritis and braces

Having had similar left thumb issues for a number of years, probably 4-5 years ago, on the advice of my PT, got this thumb splint, which I wear every night, when sleeping. It has helped quite a bit...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Yes, an A+ Deluxe. I bought it new from Elderly in 2002.
  9. Replies
    Views

case shoulder/carry strap

I see all kinds of mandolin cases with different mounts for shoulder and/or backpack straps, and thought I'd share what has worked well for me for the past 30+ years, on several cases.

I bought a...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: internal pickup

I have a 1925 Gibson A2z that I used with a Fishman M-200 for several years in the 1990s. I just put the Fishman saddle onto the Gibson bridge, and mounted the carpenter jack. The saddle fit right...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your band!!

If you’re up this way, please do.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your band!!

[QUOTE=journeybear;1849053]So, one wonders ... Where's the mandolin in this band? :confused: For that matter, where's the mandolinist? :confused:

Fair question, so here’s a link to me with my...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Here’s a video I made for the virtual 2020 Florida Fiddlers Convention. I’m playing an original tune, “Snake In the Henhouse.” Hope everyone enjoys it.

https://youtu.be/8Bnsr6D5sYM
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Mic for onboard use

I have used an Audio Technica Pro 35 gooseneck condenser mic when the gig calls for that kind of sound, since the mid-1990s. I’ve used this mic on mandolin, tenor guitar, tenor banjo, and 6-string...