Search:

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Kalamazoo Gibson A-12 PROJECT label says Master Model :disbel

If you walk into a bank with a violin case people are afraid you'll open it up and rob the place. If you walk into a bank with a mandolin case people are afraid you'll open it up and play it.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cases

Not mandolin specific, but applicable: For years I did guitar repair for a living and likely repaired 100-125 broken off headstocks on Gibson/Gibson-style guitars. Well over half of these occurred...
  3. Re: 1937 Gibson F-7 Owned And Used By Ry Cooder

I'm not sure it was within my budget capabilities either, but look what just landed on my doorstep! Initial impressions are that it's simply gorgeous.

4. Replies
    Views

Re: 2-point Orpheum branded Strad-O-lin on eBay

I just want to fess up to buying the second Orpheum mentioned in the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Regal-Indianapolis- 1902-Ornate

Win global warming, it will take a lot longer for Hell to freeze over.
  6. Replies
    Views

Frankly, I doubt there is an actual realistic target audience, just some illusory ones.
  7. Replies
    Views

I agree but the best part is the mandolin would probably still be worth about the $200.00 that she paid for it originally.
  8. Replies
    Views

I have a feeling that you will at least quadruple you original amount on repairs.
  9. Replies
    Views

I don't think you're in his target market. :))
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: This weeks mandolin that won't get a bid or buyer

I've been puzzling over this, trying to sort out why someone would offer an instrument like this for sale at a price so much higher than similar ones command, however nice it seems to be. Then it...
  11. Replies
    Views

I made him a $200 offer and was politely turned down, with no counter offer.
    So, before I wasted 2 hours worth of gas, you might want to agree on a price.

Picked up this...
  12. Replies
    Views

He has reduced his price from $395 to $350 (still too expensive for a laminated SOL, IMHO). He has probably seen the completed auctions of the two (sold) ORPHEUM 2-point MANDOLIN's (on ebay). The...
  13. Re: violin buying question to you trusted cafe goers (NMC)

I'd recommend a better quality Chinese workshop instrument for value for money. BUT, you need to know what you're looking at or have a friend who does - they vary a lot, and some still have very...
  14. Thread: Pick Talk

by Jill McAuley
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pick Talk

Such a good point. Something I noticed recently was that on the tenor banjo, when I put new strings on I prefer using a .60mm pick, but once the strings are old that weight doesn't feel right any...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: This weeks mandolin that won't get a bid or buyer

That reminds me of a quote from a teacher long ago. " If ignorance was bliss you'd be in a peaceful state for the rest of your life".
  16. Replies
    Views

Mandolin case comparison (for A-models)

So, over the years, I’ve had multiple cases and asked a lot of questions. However, those discussions often fall into things like: get a Travelite, Mike Marshall uses one for his Loar; if you care...
  17. Replies
    Views

double mandolin case on Ebay

I've been a fan of double mandolin cases for a good while. I spotted this one earlier on Ebay. I don't need one at the moment, but if I did... ...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: DO I need a better mandolin?

Yes, and I prove that adage every day.:)
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: DO I need a better mandolin?

It is easier to get a great mandolin than to get great at the mandolin.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Describe your MAS progression

I never meant to take the "Road To Mandolin." After I retired, I had come back to classical violin after a hiatus of many decades. I had a phenomenal teacher who helped me learn to play again. ...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Calling time on this F4 listing.

Does anyone not remember circa 2002-2005 (guessing) where the late Michael Holmes of Mugwumps got into an epic bidding frenzy on eBay with some other folks over an F-4 and ended up paying $17K for...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Keep Mandolin in OHSC?

It would have to be a really big pair of scissors to take care of a bear. Unless it were a care bear - any pair will fare there. :whistling:
  23. Re: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

Terrible to hear this :( If it's helpful for photos, Drum & Strum also listed it on Reverb. I kept the listing in my favorites at the time.
  24. Replies
    Views

A first mandolin

Good morning, I am looking for guidance about what to look for in a first mandolin. I would like to get my partner one as a gift. He is a musician and has played mandolins a handful of times.
  25. Thread: Mando Tone

by Dave Sheets
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Tone

After seeing Bill McCall's comment above about just how much the player matters in a demo recording of a mandolin, I went to youtube and listened to a number of demos of different mandolins from a...
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4