Search:

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. The Bothy Band to play Celtic Connections!!!!!

https://www.celticconnections.com/event/1/the-bothy-band

I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but the Bothy Band are to appear at Celtic Connections on 22nd January in Glasgow, Scotland.

Matt...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Jigs on a Greek bouzouki - Kevin Macleod 2015

The name Bill Hart has been familiar here - waaay over here in Minnesota. (Kevin too BTW :)
  3. Re: Jigs on a Greek bouzouki - Kevin Macleod 2015

Love the feeling of call and response from the string changes. Thanks.
  4. Re: Jigs on a Greek bouzouki - Kevin Macleod 2015

Great playing, Kevin and a great sound!

What a small world we inhabit - I saw the title The Island Dentist's Compliments to The Banjo Man and the name William Hart and realised that I know Bill...
  5. Re: Jigs on a Greek bouzouki - Kevin Macleod 2015

that was mighty Kevin!
  6. Re: Ye Vagabonds, Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh. Great video

What a great video. Particularly liked the instrumental tunes, but it was all good.

Regards,
  7. Re: Jigs on a Greek bouzouki - Kevin Macleod 2015

Holy Smoke! That is some rockin' zouk playing........
  8. Re: "Remembering De Danann " at Electric Picnic, Ireland 2023

All well here, Kevin, and I trust all well with you and yours too. I have just calculated that I was 36 when you first met up with Alec! How the years have flown. :whistling:
  9. Re: "Remembering De Danann " at Electric Picnic, Ireland 2023

Kevin, you deserve to be there. Your association with Alec spanned many years.
  10. Re: "Remembering De Danann " at Electric Picnic, Ireland 2023

Cheers for posting those Kevin, great stuff altogether!
  11. Re: George Duff & mandolinist Kevin Macleod - Coigach 2023

Those pesky lawyers again!
  12. Re: Tunes to learn and places to pick for a trip to Scotland?

Wow. Memories. I joined the session at Sandy Bells a few times, back in the 80s. There was a place called, I think, The Green Tree, also in Edinburgh, where there was a reliably good session on...
  13. Re: Tunes to learn and places to pick for a trip to Scotland?

In Edinburgh I know of regular sessions in the city centre at Sandy Bells, Captains Bar, the Royal Oak, the Waverley and there are others.

All these sessions are different from each other and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Kevin, what a great memento of great times playing with Ali Beag. He must be so missed up in Coigach and much further afield.
  15. Replies
    Views

Kevin, those are great recordings and a nice souvenir of Ali Baeg. May he rest in peace.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Scottish music on a Greek bouzouki.

Love your very natural exchanges at the start of Old Joe's Two-steps, Kevin! We play The Highlander's Revenge at our local sessions but at a slower tempo and lacking that lift you and Ali...
  17. Replies
    Views

Thanks John, I didn’t watch the vid, :) I just played it with the volume cranked up…. yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaar! :mandosmiley:
    That rhythm is the best!!! :)

LOCHNIVER by J McIvor
    ACHNAHAIRD by PM N...
  18. Replies
    Views

Great memories being invoked by the videos, Kevin. I still have Ali's book of tunes he signed for me that weekend I was fortunate enough to spend the Friday evening in your kitchen with a great...
  19. Replies
    Views

Inspiring energetic bouncy playing and nice to hear these complementary instruments together.

Anyone have tune names for the first vid?
  20. Replies
    Views

Kevin,
    I really enjoyed that. I was brought up with music at home as a regular part of life, so I really liked hearing you and your highland friends ceilidh-ing in the true sense of sitting around,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: New Irish Bouzouki

A quick sound sample. It is a lovely instrument that I don't do justice. Hopefully my playing will improve to match the quality of the instrument.

https://youtu.be/pB441CrMRac
  22. Replies
    Views

This is just excellent. I really had fun at watching and listening. Thank you!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: The George Duff Band 2023

Small world, Kevin. My younger daughter worked for the Signet Library in Edinburgh about 20 years ago before she moved to her present post in Edinburgh Uni Law School. Small world.
  24. Replies
    Views

Wonderful stuff, Kevin. You are even forgiven the implied and baseless slurs on the legal profession!
  25. Replies
    Views

Ah Kevin, you are making an old man very happy with this treasure chest of fine playing! :)
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4