Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Renovation

by Henry F
    Replies
    Views

Renovation

I recently purchased a mandolin online that was advertised as "for decor only". It was in pretty rough shape, large cracks on the front and back, missing tuner keys, missing bridge, a mess of a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: 'A' String Intonation Question

Have you checked to make sure that the 2 strings are of the same size? One may have been mislabeled. This happened to me once when I bought an old Stradolin that had the G and D courses each using a...
  3. Re: Can anyone please share some thoughts on the Eastman MD515CC?

Small world...just picked up my first F style yesterday at The Music Emporium...an MD515cc!!!! Love to look and feel. I was never a fan of a lot of bling, and I really appreciate the natural beauty...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Chance Stradolin Purchase

My "new" Strad

5. Replies
    Views

Chance Stradolin Purchase

I recently walked into a local "string" shop and asked if they had any mandolins, other than the 2 unstrung ones hanging in the back. He went out back and brought out a Stradolin and said they had...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: My thumb hurts...

I know this might seem extreme to some, but ask your doc if you could have an xray done. I had pain in the same place (left hand) and after an xray, it was determined that my wrist was really...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Rhythm guitar player seeking mandolin advice

Also...the great thing about the mandolin is that it is tuned in 5ths. This means that you can change keys and use the same fingering just by shifting up or down to the next string, or up and down...