Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: I need a mandolin stand for stage use.

The sturdiest stands I have worked with are Hercules. I have a double guitar stand that holds both my mandolin and OM. But they make singles too. I like the type that holds the instrument by the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Trying to make a modest leap...

If you watch the classifieds here you should be able to get a used Kentucky KM-1000 for around $1,000. They're nice mandolins.
  3. Re: man I need a good tuner foot pedal model. not clip on

Korg Pitchblack for the win. BTW, Boss pedal tuners with paint missing, and hundreds of hours on stage are priced like diamonds. Pre-owned Boss tuners tend to be ridiculously overpriced.
  4. Re: man I need a good tuner foot pedal model. not clip on

I got the Polytune 3 a few months back for my electric guitars and it's pretty great...:whistling:
  5. Re: man I need a good tuner foot pedal model. not clip on

TC Polytune. These are a seriously fine tuner!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: eq pedal with boost

The passive pickup will not match impedance without a preamp. 1 meg input is preferred as it matches the pickup. I, like several here like the RedEye. It has boost, great sound, and simple to use.
  7. Re: Experience in Using Effects on Acoustic Mandolins

I’m with Illinoisfiddler — I have found that delay is the single most effective effect when paired with my mandolin playing. I have a 90s Deluxe Memory Man that I think is probably the best delay...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Favourite overdrive?

Nice, I've never talked about overdrive pedals on the mandolincafe....

Voodoo Sparkle Drives have two channels, so you get a clean and the overdrive side that you can blend. That gives you a very...
  9. Re: 2012 Kentucky KM1000 Varnish Question from a Newbe...

The mandolin is tuned right, it's those others that are upside down!!!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Shipping Toronto to Vermont??

canada post is hands down better than fed ex or ups. the two private ones ask for a minimum of an extra $90 as a border fee for doing nothing more than canada post, in fact they do less, because...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM 1050 v 1500 or 1000 v 1500

I like all these models plus the KM5000 Monroe model. Like most Pac Rim imports, most all will need a pro set up. The necks do feel different, but that may have more to do with them being hand made...