Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Alan Niederland

From the moment I met Alan Niederland we were brothers and beloved friends, as can be seen not an uncommon experience for so many both in this digital space and anywhere else in the world lucky...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Good morning all you wonderful pickers! This will be my last update on the MC Pick Sampler lists because as I've stated multiple times in recent posts, the day both samplers have shipped is the day...
  3. Replies
    Views

Updated tracking from usps shows today is now the day.

I will wait another day to get an address from NotReadyForProd (there wasn't one in their original DM) for Sampler #2. If I don't...
  4. Replies
    Views

Good news! The internationally famous MC Pick Sampler #1 is out for delivery this afternoon to Stopstop.

For the second sampler, I had reached out to the next five names in the list but have only...
  5. Replies
    Views

Thanks to all for the patience I forced upon you, but at least the interminable wait is over! Both pick samplers have been checked and are ready to ship out. I've seen a dozen attempts by various...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Northfield F5S Amber

Oh my beloved mando-bro Drew, so that's the reason for the gleam in your eye the first time you picked a tune on Squeeze...you were wondering if she had a younger sister just as blonde. Not only is...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick thickness - how to choose?

FYI, the infamous traveling pick sampler(s) is/are about to relaunch so keep an eye out for my announcement in the next few weeks. No better way to try out 100+ different types of picks for just the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Where are the ' Big guys ' ?

Stephen tried to propose a Model 1-for-pick sampler in-kind trade but he balked at spending the additional cash necessary to make it a fair value exchange. I couldn't wait for his next F5 to be...
  9. Re: Ricky Skaggs receives Presidential Medal of the Arts.

:popcorn:
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick Samplers Still Circulating?

The short answer is 'No'. They are not still circulating and haven't been since late 2019.

The slightly longer answer is more positive. Both samplers are intact, in hand, and will be relaunched...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Dean Clawson

Clawson threads always catch my eye because I almost bought one on a whim a while back and wonder if I missed out on one of the good ones.

Start here and also follow the links provided by...
  12. Re: Anybody going/been to Alan Bibey Mandolin Camp?

To complete a triumvirate of the usual AB Camp suspects on this forum, I too will be a returning 5th-year attendee. Wary? You bet, but Bibey has as good a plan for safety as can be had at the moment,...
  13. Re: Live From Here - Is There a Better Music Show ANYWHERE?

An interesting theoretical question, but you may be phrasing it from a slightly outdated view of the show. While in the beginning it certainly carried over much of its predecessor's basic form, as of...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: East Tennessee Blues

Here's a good one with a few pickers you might recognize:

https://youtu.be/3bGWILnb1UU

And yes, you should also learn Tennessee Blues as well as East Virginia Blues. Just to keep you on your...
  15. Replies
    Views

Howdy all!

As usual I'm behind in posting updates to this thread, but I do have some excellent news. Both samplers are in circulation with new recipients, and recent reports of missing picks were...
  16. Re: Cigar Humidor Discs for in-case humidification??

Hi Slim,

In theory they would work, but the propylene glycol solution that is normally used for cigars pumps out moisture around 72% Relative Humidity, which is too high for the recommended 45-50%...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The Mighty Cozart! New 8 string electric

Grabbed one last night because why not. Haven't given in to MAS in a while. Tried an offer like Darryl's and got rejected. Added 4 bucks the next go-around and it'll be here Saturday. But was it...
  18. Re: help me out, how to do vibrato on a 4 string

During your search, one thing to keep in mind is that by definition vibrato is achieved by modulating the pitch of a note. The most common manual techniques for achieving this on a steel string...
  19. Replies
    Views

Willem,

I've looked because like you I think it's a great pick and would like to have one, but I can't find that particular pick in stock online anywhere and don't even know the model. But, since...
  20. Replies
    Views

And that's why it always sits front and center. :cool:

You done a good thing, Cal.

C. ~/:/~
  21. Replies
    Views

Sampler #1 inventory

1. Hawk SB
    2. BlueChip CT-55
    3. John Pearse Fast Turtles Medium 2.5mm
    4. John Pearse Studio Extra Heavy
    5. Gravity Gold Tripp Standard 1.5
    6. Gravity Striker XL 3...
  22. Replies
    Views

The Pick Samplers are both back on tour!

Here's a pic. #1 on the left, #2 on the right.

They both have close to the same number of picks total, but #1 has a slight edge in different...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Do We Really Need Another Pick Thread?

V-Pick or original ProPlec version?

I've been playing more electric mando than previously lately and found a sharply pointed V-Pick Lite Freakishly Large to be the quietest pick in my arsenal...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Sam Bush rocks out on E-Mando

Awesome. Great sounding band and certain to polarize as is Sam's wont. He pulls some fantastic tone from that Mandocaster (would love a detailed rig rundown) and his wah-wah-filled solo at the end...
  25. Replies
    Views

Howdy all. As it does, life has gotten in the way of posting to the forum recently so my apologies for any ignored requests to be added to the recipient lists for the picks.

The lack of any info...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4