Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Convince me of the value of strict DUDU picking?

Convince me of the value of picking every note ...
  2. Re: Convince me of the value of strict DUDU picking?

You’re wrong. It has been that way since before YouTube. Granted it may not sound better, but it’s easier to get the rhyth,m right, particularly if you’re new to the form. Or if you’re out of...
  3. Replies
    Views

US Strad Strad-O-Lin 2-Point on eBay

Somewhat unusual 2-point. Missing pickguard. https://www.ebay.com/itm/386166452133?hash=item59e9506fa5:g:qocAAOSwJzxlHFlc&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwMEwNXdVKC1aW6ctFI1yZ2Sh886vpWJSOAch0PpqcHIQr001
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Stradolin Dating Question

liestman's 1938 SOL looks very much like this oval hole example dated June 5, 1936 (the tailpiece and bridge are replacements). The main difference is the body of this one is a bit wider at just over...
  5. Replies
    Views

There you go Mr. Holmes. Nice sleuthing!

I havenīt looked into mine. Iīll probably leave this to when I have time after having won the lottery.

The traverse brace and the F-holes give the...
  6. Replies
    Views

The Strad-O-Lin mandolins have the unique feature that the soudhole has an F-hole design yet the F-holes are not in one piece. Each F-hole is in 3 parts that in their entirety form the stylized "F"....
  7. Replies
    Views

Thank you. Wow. Something new (at least for me). Your instrument has the other style of F hole. Below is a similar model with the "comma shaped holes". You have a very early version with the other...
  8. Replies
    Views

Probably 1930ies. It looks like a Kay made one. You may know that there were different manufacturers involved. I like the Strad-O-Lins with the comma-holes the best. Yourīs is quite a looker. If it...
  9. Replies
    Views

Here's another- it has the Kluson tuners and they look like the WW2 era version- with the screws replaced by rivets or a metal blob. Kluson tuners changed subtly during this period but these look...
  10. Replies
    Views

I'm surprised the top is laminated. I'm assuming you are looking at the wood on the sides of the f hole. Many times they simply layered a piece of wood underneath the f holes to reinforce them. Can...
  11. Re: Scale difference between a tenor guitar and a 19 fret tenor b

I never understood why tenor banjos are referred to by the number of frets on the neck instead of scale length. Are we to assume that all banjos have the exact same pot size and bridge placement?
  12. Replies
    Views

Yes, you see Waverly tuners in the 1930s and then a brief spell with Kluson in the 40s and then back to oblong Waverly tuners and then the rounded bell ended version as seen- but replacements on the...
  13. Replies
    Views

Here's one with replaced tuners and I think I can see the footprint of Kluson tuners- particularly at the bottom of the units installed. Can you see the footprint of yours? I would reckon that Kluson...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis-Pava A modlels no longer being made?

One of the greatest salesman ever, known for charging above list price (and getting away with it,) I overheard at a guitar show sincerely telling a potential customer, "yes, on the Fender...
  15. Re: Ellis-Pava A modlels no longer being made?

Per the Pava and Ellis websites, both brands are available in an A5 model.
  16. Replies
    Views

Bonny Jean (Castles In the Air)

Here's a lovely air I learned from harpist Kathleen Loughnane. Apparently this tune is also performed as a hornpipe, but I thought her slow version of the tune was brilliant. Here's my solo attempt...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Taran Springwell

To nobody's surprise (Mary in Maine?) the last of my resolve vanished and I placed my order today. Credit a great deal of pull from Edinburgh, and a little push from Texas; both of which contributed...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: 20's-30's Regal tenor guitar bridge

I see that RetroFret has one in stock now! This is a 'lesser' birch backed version. But still super cute.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<<
  19. Replies
    Views

I believe this is a similar model. It's from the 20's and has mahogany back and sides. If this is the style of bridge you are looking for I will take dimensions and post the drawing.
  20. Replies
    Views

That’s Mahogany!!!
  21. Replies
    Views

Here’s an illustration from Carlin’s book on Regal Instruments. Unfortunately, the book contains only drawings for the tenor guitars. The one below is the monogamy version of your professional model...
  22. Replies
    Views

Retrofret, in Brooklyn has had a number of the highest end Regal tenors over the years. Perhaps one of the ones on THIS page illustrates what you are looking for?
  23. Replies
    Views

One other thought, if you can get a copy of Bob Carlin's book Regal Musical Instruments: 1895 - 1955 there are a ton of pictures, I just can't recall if there are any tenor pictures.
  24. Replies
    Views

A Regal tenor guitar with a history

Hi all,

I just received this Regal. I've owned 3 others, the last about eight years ago, but didn't keep any of them. Now I'm playing Irish music and it will be a great addition. It's in good...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Cases - in pictures

Calton Christmas 2021

Click image

http://i.imgur.com/VZ8Qzwnl.mp4
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3