Search:

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Ian Coury on mandolin accompaniment of choro

IMHO, the limiting factor for choro in the US is not a lack of melody players, but of accompanists. Given how few cavaquinho players there are in N America, it will often fall to the mandolin player...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: How Many Gibson Mandobasses are there?!

Exactly. By the way, mandobass dot com is for sale. NFI.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

Yes it is. I've been wearing it proudly! 212268
  4. Replies
    Views

New Mandolin Cafe Hat

Thanks Scott and Galen
    Its a Beauty
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Darryl Wolfe selling off stuff

As an owner of a TL mandola conversion I’ve poured over all those threads. The previous contention with the TL was the marketing and pricing. Quote;
    “slapping a neck with a Gibson logo onto one...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin tattoos

Here's my new one :)
    Love it!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Two Stellar Northfields At Dusty Strings

Maybe it’s time to lay off going into every thread that contains the word Northfield and questioning or pointing out where they are made and what tier they are in as you seem ignorant on the issue....
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: need advide on raising action

Don't worry about a sharpie marking the wheel. Measure the height from the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the G and E strings. Turn the wheels until you raise it to where you want to be. I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday - Dan Beimborn

Belated Happy birthday to Dan the Mandolin Man.

10. Replies
    Views

NYC's Freiheit Mandolin Orchestra 1925

As we approach the centennial of this photo, I thought I'd post for archival purposes.
    One of the players was the late grandmother of a friend of mine.That's her at the right hand of the...
  11. Thread: DolinmanX

by diptanshu
    Replies
    Views

Re: DolinmanX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9p98ZO3hzk
  12. Re: RECOVERED: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words, I really appreciate it. Here is an update
    I got home on Wednesday and wanted to let the mandolin acclimate before I tuned it up and played it. I did...
  13. RECOVERED Re: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

My lost 1922 Gibson F4 mandolin has been found, here is the story…

Last week I received an email correspondence, through my website, from a operations supervisor of a retailers distribution...
  14. I just had to post the great news! A direct...

I just had to post the great news! A direct descendant of Carlos Curti contacted me with a handwritten letter and thanked me for writing the book. OMG! not in a million years did I see this coming! I...
  15. Re: O.K., It’s Black Friday, so Where Are All The Deals?

Agreed on the AirPods Pro 2. Picked up a pair on a vacation trip to Switzerland (full retail) and have been stuck on them since. Compact for travel and great for working out and chores around the...
  16. Re: Article: California Bluegrass Association Kids Instrument Len

Hopefully you'll see more than one tuhker.

I'm with Scott on this one. It was a very satisfying moment when I decided to donate my snakehead. 100% original with the original case. Both in...
  17. Replies
    Views

A moment for thanks...

Here's wishing a super, fun, healthy, and family-centric Thanksgiving to all my friends here on MandolinCafe!
    Roger
  18. "Just recently he connected us with a Mandolin...

"Just recently he connected us with a Mandolin Cafe member who successfully donated an instrument to the Library."

That was me. I reached out to Scott about my desire to put my vintage snakehead...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday, Mandolin Cafe!

Happy birthday, MC!

I hope all members see fit to use the donate link again this year to send some bday presents and love offerings. A valuable resource, and so much more than just that, worth...
  20. Re: Stolen Mandolin - Pava A5 in Lafayette, LA

GREAT NEWS! Silas' mandolin has been recovered in Lafayette. It is now there with friends and Silas will have it back very soon. Thank you so much for your help everyone!
  21. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Thanks for this, Dan.
    The the very idea of replica-Loar-signature labels troubles me greatly. I’d rather see anybody’s signature on the label rather than a facsimile signature that suggests a...
  22. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Regarding these Loar F5 tributes...

Brief history
    The "Gibson" most of us know and love was the original Parsons Street factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Orville Gibson was a lone builder, with an...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Article: Sometimes the Case Tells the Story

I’m familiar with that case!
  24. The Haynes family thanks you for the re-post of...

The Haynes family thanks you for the re-post of tbhis article!
  25. Replies
    Views

Great new band out of China!!

Hey All,
    You Tube profiled me and dropped a newer to me bluegrass band on my feed. For which I am grateful.

https://youtu.be/3o-cevmGs3k

Pretty great that the parents of this young man are...
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4