Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Matt Miller Picks - New to the Pick Market - Great pick/price

The pictures are a little hard to see, but I believe it's a material called Torlon, a high-performance plastic that's similar to Vespel and is used in aerospace and such. Haven't played one, but...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: How to remove Eastman tailpiece cover...

its a little too heavy:mandosmiley:

couldn't help myself
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Howdy all,

Unless anyone has a problem with it, I'd like to make a some minor changes to the recipient lists because Sampler 1 is about to head to Mattslouch in the UK and Radish (next in line for...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

And the Sampler 2 pack is on its way to James. In a small bag I put a button I ground to use as a pick. It is terrible, scratchy. I thought it would be good to have one bad one in the group.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New Keith Newell Tailpiece

Those look great!
  6. Replies
    Views

great looking tailpieces there!!
  7. Replies
    Views

Here's a Newell tailpiece, still firmly attached to a Newell mandolin. I do like both. Keith (Newell) tells me that the former owner was rather careless with whatever materials she was smoking. Hence...
  8. Replies
    Views

I had a gold plated Tailpiece , the plating wears thin and off quickly.
  9. Replies
    Views

I don't care how it sounds - it looks amazing!
  10. Saturday Jam this week, 2-4, Murfreesboro, TN

Hey Pals!

We're picking from 2-4 this Saturday at the TN Veterans' Home in Murfreesboro (345 Compton Road). Hope to see you there!
  11. Replies
    Views

My "New to Me" 1997 Ratliff R-5

So I'm finally back on my feet after breaking my heal and was able to get some outside shots of my Ratliff. It's in good shape for a '97- just a wee bit of honest wear. ...
  12. Replies
    Views

First time playing mando in public

Go easy on me, guys. :)

Back in college I had a rather traumatic musical performance experience, and it had literally been 17 years since I had played in public. I know, I know, I'm a wuss.
  13. Replies
    Views

Jacobson #34

I asked Marty to build me a mandolin that I would use primarily for playing Celtic music. I couldn't be happier with the final product.

For your viewing and listening pleasure.

14. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Ellis F5 vs New Ellis F5

Not sure. I should be able to check it out in a few days. If all is well, I would probably put the newly refinished MT2H on the market in a few months when it arrives. Maybe both that and the Stiver,...
  15. Replies
    Views

Gilchrist and Ellis F5's

Good morning all. Its not the best photo, but these two mandolins are truly amazing! Ellis #42 F5 (jan 1985)- formerly owned/extensively used by Ricky Skaggs between 1985-1998. I purchased this at...
  16. Replies
    Views

Monroe Style Mandolin: Staggered 16th Notes

Chris Henry teaching/demonstrating a technical device that Bill Monroe often employed while playing mandolin breaks. This deliberate technique is what often is mistaken as the "sloppiness" heard in...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for these brackets

Look for chin rest fittings. These are actually viola fittings...slightly taller and will fit a mandolin side: http://www.dov-music.com/search2.asp?pg=1&stext=viola%20chinrest&stype=all The single...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for these brackets

Says Hill style for the clamp Itself , a place that sells those pieces with a shared forum link?

may also be useful for the many people wanting a way to mount a mini Microphone , as well
  19. "VIDEO" Jonathan McClanahan revoice of 1951 Gibson F12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_AJ_P35Jc
    Hey guys and gals. Here is a video of me playing and describing the 1951 Gibson F12 that I revoiced. Pics also, enjoy!
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Headstocks, just headstocks

When I think of cool headstocks, one of the first that pops into my head is one done by Bill Bussman of Old Wave Mandolins.

I lifted the pic from this link...........
  21. Replies
    Views

My first F5....130086
  22. Replies
    Views

My latest (kit) build; just strung up last night 130035
  23. Replies
    Views

For those who have not seen it, here is the text and photos from the pegheads portion of my original F5 Journal when it was a print document
  24. Replies
    Views

25. Replies
    Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2