Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Can I switch to mandolin

Hi and welcome, Aoqi!

Good questions!

A uke is a little guitar. A mando is a fiddle trapped in a little guitar's body.

Though mandolin is very different than guitar - how it's tuned, how...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Can I switch to mandolin

You can find a way to play anything you want on mandolin. Sometimes that's a big part of the fun. I play LedZeplin, Devo, the Ramones, Prince, along with the fiddle tunes, old timey and bluegrass...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: what would you do

Behavior that's reinforced goes up in frequency - every time someone "bites the bullet" and continues to go to that shop despite poor treatment they then end up unintentionally helping to make that...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Using Strap on F style

If you want a strap button on your F style, then do it. It's your mandolin.
  5. Replies
    Views

Going to California

I made this video a while ago with the goal of learning how to make a picture in picture video with a rhythm track and a melody track synched up. :mandosmiley:

6. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is Paul McCartney?

50 years from now people will say Paul McCartney was playing in my space pod last night. They will have NO idea who Kanye West was.
  7. Replies
    Views

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever.
    For what is the time of a man, except it be interwoven with that memory of ancient things of a superior age?" - Cicero ;)
  8. Replies
    Views

What has changed since is bandwidth (pun intended). Back then, there were only so many radio stations in your area and only so many vinyl records you could buy and swap with your friends. Nobody had...
  9. Replies
    Views

More likely, they know who Paul is and are just screwing with us old folks a bit to see how many they get get a bit spun up.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: What is a Celtic mandolin?

Hmmm....everyone's entitled to his/her own opinion, of course, and the opinions of a builder a skilled as Mr. Forster are certainly worth listening to and considering. But I don't agree with the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap button location

Larry,

You should be fine with the strap button on the treble side of the heel on a dovetail joint. Shouldn't be anything but wood in there--just drill a proper pilot hole and ease the screw in...