Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Kelley redwood/koa F5

I found the clip there too and yes... it does look and sound fantastic!
    Don't know of any reason not to post it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ftO3P_Bhos
  2. Leo Lindblom's brand new Silverangel mandolin - by Ken Ratcliff

As many of you know, there was a post on the cafe recently that Ken Ratcliff was giving away one of his handmade Silverangel mandolins to a young mandolin picker and he asked me to share a clip of my...
  3. Re: Carter Vintage Guitars is now Carter Vintage Exchange

I wish the Carters nothing but the best. I've spent time with both of them and they're just wonderful people!

However, I'm not a fan of the direction all of this is going. Venture capital rarely...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Poindexter Duffy Duck Copy

Not a bad rabbit hole to go down. Duffey was my first real influence on mandolin. Him and Red Rector.
  5. Re: An afternoon picking w/ Andrew Marlin & the Griffith Loar

Well, I'm a bit late to the afterparty, but I wanted to say thanks to Evan for putting this all together! And, Josh, your Monroe style gets better every time I hear you pick!

One of the highlights...
  6. Replies
    Views

Recent Kelley mandolin

I hope you like it. I'm really happy with this one.

-8kNiEKI9So
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Ruhland Resale

While I have no idea whether or not these issues on a very young mandolin were caused by user abuse/neglect or structural failure associated with the build, it would be enough to make go another...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar LM400 Longevity

Thanks for the reply! I'm a little bummed to say that the trade didn't work out, but only a little, because I wound up finding a Morris mandolin for a nice price. Haven't heard back from the LM400...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: New Rose F5 #36 clip

Sure, sorry about that :) I started building mandos back in 2002.... from 2002 to 2006 I built 32 mandos, mostly F models a few A models and also a couple guitars. I pretty much quit building due to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Where did you find your last mando?

A story that could be echoed in many cities and towns. Sorta like the extinction of local bookstores by Borders and Barnes & Noble, followed by their extinction, or at least diminution, by on-line...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Where are all the (new) mandolins?

You sold 2 and bought 1…..I’d say you’re part of the solution :mandosmiley::))
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Barry Kratzer

Agreeing with Lucy. We knew Barry so well and talked to his wife on the phone the day he passed. Tragically he passed from a heart attack and we are devastated! The details don't matter all that...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

197772Here’s the latest Kelley mandolin.

Here’s the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ8pvWx6yx0
  14. Black Rock Serenaders - Broken Dreams (Buck White) - Ruhland F5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8SDL8eOVAE

Here's a video of my group playing Buck White's instrumental Broken Dreams from his album Buck White & The Down Home Folks

I'm playing a Ruhland...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: China mandolin supply

I guess a "Chinese mandolin supply shortage" would qualify as a First World problem...(along with running out of my favorite deodorant....:grin:)

Like Allen says, plenty of used ones out...
  16. Video demo of my new Craig Wilson "Griffith Loar"Tribute mandolin

https://youtu.be/qzNPojq25hI

wilsonmandolins.com
  17. Thread: Ruhland A5

by Mandobar
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ruhland A5

I copied that this morning. They pulled the ad after I contacted them concerning pricing and availability.

I’m on my third decade of buying, selling instruments. I have to say, very little...
  18. Thread: Ruhland A5

by TAlex
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ruhland A5

19. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your band!!

Played a 4th of July gig at a lake house on a dock!

20. Replies
    Views

Re: New Ruhland F5's?

So after 3 anxious months #59 showed up at Greg Boyd's Saturday before last. He shipped it Tuesday and it arrived yesterday. Got in a few hours ago from Charleston and just now put it down. Matt...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange is now Watchhouse

What's wrong with people expressing their opinions? Even those you disagree with. You most certainly have; plenty. If it's good for you, why not others?
  22. Re: Get Well Soon Dennis! (Owner of The Mandolin Store)

Hey guys....I’ve been running fevers for about 10 days and the Drs are trying to figure it out. It’s not Covid....they tested that twice now which probably makes like 12 of those I’ve had in the...
  23. Replies
    Views

Finally Finished: Soliver #001

Firstly, Mandolin Cafe, thanks for being patient with a nerd like me who is probably overly excited about his first build and my most humble apologies for "over sharing" my progress as I've gone...
  24. Replies
    Views

Hard Times Bluegrass Festival

Just got confirmation recently that yes, its on this year! Hard Times Bluegrass Festival near Hamilton, Montana.

I've never been before, but all other festivals in the NW have been cancelled into...
  25. Thread: NMD Morris A5

by Em Tee
    Replies
    Views

NMD Morris A5

I recently acquired a morris a5, and I have to say I am shocked by the quality of this mandolin. My A5 has a redwood top and curly maple back. She's loud as all heck and has such sustain that even my...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4