Search:

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: so i may have purchased a Gibson F5G

Yesssss. Best story I’ve read in a while. It’s like the fates were aligning and stubbornly refusing to accept your hesitation. Can’t wait to hear/read about what arrives at your house. Sound clips...
  2. Replies
    Views

so i may have purchased a Gibson F5G

its enroute.

found it 2 weeks ago. not really a mandolin kind of shop, but guitars/brass/windwood.

only saw pictures, only mandolin in the store. they had it listed as: Gibson Dobro F5-G.
    a...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Michael Cleveland on Mandolin

Michael Cleveland is a great musician and has been since he was a mere kid. The F style mandolin he is with in these photos is a Gilchrist that was made in 1995. It was built for me just the way I...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Types of Mandolin Collections

This is a great thread Tony!

Sometimes it´s not a question, that you "want" to collect... Sometimes out of necessity, out of curiosity, out of a change of ability an accumulation of instruments...
  5. Replies
    Views

Some additional self-psychoanalysis of my collecting.

First the accumulation of my main playing instruments which I call my core collection. Those are the ones I pick up to play on a daily basis...
  6. Replies
    Views

I've "collected" ones that I want to play. A 1993 Randy Wood F 5, a 1924 Gibson F 4, a 1920 Gibson A 3 and a 1916 Gibson A 4. I'm done..........I hope.
  7. Replies
    Views

I am both Jim's Monkey Mind Collector and Allen's Accumulator.

I might also be like the ants, who individual go about their particular tasks, making the decisions in front of them, oblivious to...
  8. Replies
    Views

I'm kind of looking for one of each. When two instruments fill the same role, I sell one.

The Trilluim long scale mandola stays. It's a lifer.
    I will probably move the Nordic Mandola as it's...
  9. Replies
    Views

There have been times when I've had a large number of instruments. But I find that I'm not a good collector. If I'm not playing them regularly, why have them? So I've had the same two for quite...
  10. Replies
    Views

I don't collect, though my wife would likely say something else in reference to my guitars...I do have a compulsion to attain the "best" one with modern approaches. So for instance, I perceive a...
  11. Replies
    Views

I collect horsepower per square inch.

f-d
  12. Replies
    Views

Tone .... someone that collects instruments that produce a different sonic palette. R/
  13. Replies
    Views

Mark me down as a "Tool Collector". I have one of each type of tool required. Currently for mando, I have one F-Style acoustic/electric for all performing and practice with other people. One strictly...
  14. Replies
    Views

Tim, you blew your cover. Lol.
  15. Replies
    Views

I've never thought of myself like this before but you might say I'm a "linear" collector. That is, I've owned many mandolins in time, sometimes just out of curiosity, but have then sold them to buy...
  16. Replies
    Views

Really? Famous last words. You posted on the octave a very recent addition. Where’s your tenor mandola? Octave tuned tenor banjo or tenor guitar. We are watching you. :)
  17. Replies
    Views

And some of us just accumulate because. In many ways, could have, and should have stopped with just the A Jr. it's really all that's necessary for me, even though it doesn't get played much right...
  18. Replies
    Views

I am not a collector. I am an early intermediate mandolin student with four incredibly great mandolins - because I am nuts about mandolins. Period. I chose these four because they are totally,...
  19. Replies
    Views

Don't consider myself a "collector," more of an "accumulator." I have tried to [1] be diverse in my purchases, rather than obtaining several similar but subtly different mandolins [B] gather...
  20. Replies
    Views

Lol. Some of us are just obsessed.
  21. Replies
    Views

This has got me wondering, at what point does a group of mandolins become a "collection"?

Sorry if off topic or discussed before, just what my brain came up with in response to the original query....
  22. Replies
    Views

Another type... but it may or may not be a "collector" though.

A musician who collects tools to satisfy creative needs. I'd land here. I'm not looking for anything expensive, vintage, or...
  23. Replies
    Views

... and a third type: just anything that appeals to the crazed collector. I hereby dub this "The Monkey Mind Collection." It works like this: I get some tiny itch of an interest in some oddball thing...
  24. Replies
    Views

Interesting question! I've tried to articulate the fences I'm putting around my collecting aspirations (cuz you can't buy 'em all!) For me, its a bit of both:
    • I'm looking for vintage resonator...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Went Outside the Box, again.

It's always nice to find an instrument that really fits you!
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4