Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New Gibson models...

I’ve got one of the new F-5Gs from TMS, it’s a Fantastic mandolin. I don’t have enough experience with Harvey era Gibsons to give a comparison.

Gibson website says, “ The F-5G features refreshed...
  2. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

I think the 1923 Reissue is awesome!. I’m not in a twist over the label. I view it as paying homage to the legendary builder of a legendary mandolin.

I do wonder though, I thought the Master...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Waxing the mandolin

Wax? No, never heard of that. Polish, yes, but I suspect there’s a difference between Wax and a Polish and maybe I’m splitting hairs.

I used GHS Instrument Polish many years ago. I didn’t use it...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Check out my new truss rod cover.

That’s really cool! Sting is the perfect name, cuts in a jam, has great chop and easy to wield.
  5. Replies
    Views

Poll: Re: Poll - Gold vs Silver

I 100% agree.
  6. Thread: String shortage!?

by SWS
    Replies
    Views

Re: String shortage!?

I don’t know how it was then but, I would like to think people helped each other out where they could.

To the OP- I have a “new” box of Elixir Medium, Nanoweb. If those will work for you, they’re...
  7. Thread: String shortage!?

by SWS
    Replies
    Views

Re: String shortage!?

I suspect it’s relevant because, during WW2 most manufacturing was to support the war effort. Something called the War Production Board. I would venture to guess that would include the production of...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Sultans of Swing tab

Mandozine.com has it, click on Practice Tunes, then on the left click on Tab|edit, then in the search field type in Sultans of Swing
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Sultans of Swing tab

Mandozine.com has it.

Now if I could figure out the opening guitar to Money for Nothing, I’d be quite happy. I’ve been struggling with it for about 2 months.

Good luck

-Best
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Are All Lloyd Loars Dropping In Price?

To the OP:

As a mandolin enthusiast for the last 20 years, I would answer “Yes” to your question. I have wondered the same thing recently. I also don’t recall there being so many available at one...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: PreGibson Flatiron History

Try this website, http://www.theflatironarchive.com/aboutus.html
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Pava Pro or Collings MT2?

Dnallred-

Back in the old days (early 2000') the OTPP would have several Collngs mandos to choose from. I was there about a month ago and I think they had a couple MTs and a MT2. I've had the...
  13. Re: have you ever used "for my retirement" as a reason to buy a m

Retirement is not guaranteed and neither is tomorrow for that matter. Buy now and enjoy life :)

Play music while you can, buy what you can and enjoy it for as long as you can.
    How many times...
  14. Thread: Nugget Ajr

by SWS
    Replies
    Views

Re: Nugget Ajr

We'll after 7 months of owning this gem I finally am posting a few photos.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Lakewood Colorado area?

Hello Brandon,

The Olde Town Pickin Parlor has their Monthly Bluegrass jam this Sunday. I have not been yet, but it is the 27th. They also offer lessons, but I don't know the prices. Steve Mullins...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Players who inspired you take up the mandolin

In 1997, it all started with Drew Emmitt of Leftover Salmon. I saw them at the Boulder Theater, shortly after I got a mandolin and started with lessons. My instructor at the time turned me on to the...